Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a good gun/holster combo for my wife... and as a guy I'm inclined to -always- want to keep the gun right on me, but I realized that with women's dress its not entirely practical.

On top of the wardrobe issue... my wife has a severe hourglass figure... how do you ladies keep the holster from tilting into your ribs? Her hips turn just about every holster right into her rib cage.

So lets hear it... what are your on body solutions?

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Originally posted by Nephilim
I'm trying to find a good gun/holster combo for my wife... and as a guy I'm inclined to -always- want to keep the gun right on me, but I realized that with women's dress its not entirely practical.

On top of the wardrobe issue... my wife has a severe hourglass figure... how do you ladies keep the holster from tilting into your ribs? Her hips turn just about every holster right into her rib cage.

Don't know if this helps. I am kinda chunky through the middle, so I don't really have a lot of curves. I go IWB with my Kahr and sometimes my G19. At the range, I use either Fobus paddle (Kahr) or Uncle Mike's paddle (G19).

I have had the opportunity to try a DeSantis rig that is "offset" for ladies -- to accommodate our curves. It definitely made a difference. I allowed the gun to be kept in close, but it didn't go into my ribs. Only downfall for me was that I really didn't feel like I would be well-concealed with my current manner of dress.

Something like that might be worth looking into....

Lynn

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts

Easy, I don't put it on my hip to begin with for the very same reason.

I put it in front, like this. I've had slews of people tell me it "can't be comfortable" like this, but I swear, it works better for me here than anywhere else (except maybe an ankle). Just as a side note, the trigger is covered.

SG

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by SouthernGal

I put it in front, like this. I've had slews of people tell me it "can't be comfortable" like this, but I swear, it works better for me here than anywhere else (except maybe an ankle). Just as a side note, the trigger is covered.

SG
You don't print with a gun in front like that?

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
You don't print with a gun in front like that?
Everybody asks me this. Nope. I don't. My stomach is completely flat.

Someone saw it last week but only because they were trying to fit me for a bra. I wear it this way so much it didn't even occur to me that I had my shirt off until the saleslady said something :)

Edited to add--Armed & Feminine carries on the small of the back. You may want to ask her what her holster is for her SIG (she has pics of her carry rig too). I hope this helps. Have Joy try several different things to see what she thinks is most comfortable.

·
Armed&Hammered
318 Posts
Originally posted by SouthernGal

SG
Not that anyone asked, and not to hijack the thread here, but I do have to say WOW.

SG, WONDERFUL picture!

:)
Mntneer357

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
Originally posted by Mntneer357
Not that anyone asked, and not to hijack the thread here, but I do have to say WOW.

SG, WONDERFUL picture!

Mntneer357

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I forgot to ask which brand that is SG.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
I think I forgot to ask which brand that is SG.
That's a Glock 19 in a Galco WB226 holster.

I did wear a Glock 26 in a similar holster last weekend though and it was equally comfortable. I liked it so well that may have to be my next pistol. :)

·
1,490 Posts
Joy can carry in a Smartcarry, especially if she wears elastic waisted skirts a lot. She can also buy low-rise jeans to move the whole holster/belt line down her hip a bit. I find that helps me a lot. But I'm NOT an hourglass figure by any stretch of the imagination.

I carry a CCO sized 1911 in a Sparks VM-II IWB with either a Wilderness INstructor belt or a Leather Rafter S belt. As you can tell, I am not a slave to fashion!:supergrin:

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hand't really thought much about front carry before this thread...

I suppose there -is- an aversion to staring directly at a woman's crotch though... -especially- if there is a bulge, lol... so it might just work!

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
I carry a G23 at about 5 o'clock in a Galco concealable (? I forgot...it was a gift :)).

I say let her find what works for her. Holsters, guns, dress, everything. She will know when it is the "fit" for her :)

·
1,490 Posts
Neph, all she has to do with a Smartcarry holster is to leave her top shirt untucked. She will want to wear a light tanktop undershirt UNDER the smartcarry belt or she will get chafed. The untucked shirt covers everything.

·
Red Tabby
306 Posts
When I carry on the waist, it's either a S&W automatic or my Defender, both fairly thin. So I put the holster behind my hip. Otherwise I have the exact problem you're talking about, weapon into the ribcage.

When I do IDPA, I'm always the dead slowest on the range because of this :D ! I use a revolver for that, and with a legal pancake holster the grip's right into my ribs every time. I will say this-I always lead my classification, though. Of course, I'm the *only* marksman-class stock service revolver shooter in the club...but that's beside the point :supergrin: ....

Miao, Cat

·
The King
1,862 Posts

I think that's why they invented low rise jeans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts