Is this what REAL Christians do for weddings?....

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by LongLostBushman, Oct 23, 2015.

1. LongLostBushman

LongLostBushman

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-certificate-purity-wedding-article-1.2406840
    Should all Christian fathers demand this of their daughter on her wedding day? And should all husbands insure their wife is not a sinner by demanding proof of virginity? I mean the Bible does say so? And if the daughter is found to not be pure, will they stone her? Or is it some sort of exiling thing? I am not a Christian and am unfamiliar with some of their rituals and beliefs?

Does the doctor charge to check for virginity? Does she go to a doctor of her father or finance's choosing? For all you christians how does this work?

2. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

So do you find this amusing because Christians don't follow the Bible anymore as they once did, or do you find it sad because Christians don't follow the Bible anymore?

Or are you making a point of this to mock the idea that people would want to be married before they have relations?

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I usually find it amusing that modern Christians seem to have made up a new religion that is not reflected in their bible, to go along with modern ideals.

MO Fugga likes this.
  4. fowl intent

fowl intent Banned

Whatever floats your boat. I kind of like the idea of the bride being issued a certificate of purity. Matter of fact, with the significant public health risks from STDs like AIDS, hepititis, herpes etc., I think we need a federal registry where all unmarried wemins have to register and report all of their sexual partners. Then when a young man decides he wants to get married, he can get a certificate on his beloved and know whether she is pure, or slightly tainted or just an outright ho.

5. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

That said, it's a good thing they do, that's what's wrong with Islam, they take that stuff in their holy book seriously instead of picking and choosing what still makes sense...

Randy

6. LongLostBushman

LongLostBushman

I am just curious. Isn't this what the Bible demands, yet nobody is protesting and demanding Congress pass laws demanding sexual purity certificates. It ruined the sanctity of marriage! I mean if two men getting married, a woman who is not a virgin getting married definitely ruins it. At least using my limited understanding of the Christian mythos. So why isn't this practice made more common?

7. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

According to the article it was the daughters idea. It was neither required or requested.

Kind of a non issue.

PEC-Memphis likes this.
  8. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

If you really believe this is the norm. let me ask you. Why did it make the news?

You did not have to tell us you are not a Christian if you asked this as a legitimate question.

9. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

What does the Bible have to do with congress passing laws?

10. LongLostBushman

LongLostBushman

Not much in my opinion. However many politicians cite it as their motivation for passing some laws. But either way if the idea of two men getting married is bad because it is against Gods law, then surely a woman who is not pure is just as bad.

11. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

You must be sure that your girl is pure for the Funky Cold Medina.

Randy

12. glockman513

glockman513 CCW Instructor

I grew up in a pentecostal church which is one of the more strict denominations, and I have never heard of such a thing as a certification. However, I could see where a virginity certification would come in handy for girls who sell their virginity to the highest bidder.

13. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

You might be pissed when you find out who in your family is on which registry...

14. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Seperation of Church and State... :upeyes: Not some crap akin to Sharia law. That what you're suggesting, even though you're not a Christian? Gimme a ****ing break.

15. railfancwb

railfancwb

Regardless of the significance or lack thereof of premarital sexual purity to individuals and groups, this is not an area where secular laws should have a role. At one time, and possibly still in some states, premarital blood tests were required of both parties. Not because of concern for sexual purity as such, but a concern for unknowing sharing of STDs. Don't know how the blood test concept would work in a world with same sex marriage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. railfancwb

railfancwb

In today's world of plastic surgery and sex change (sic) operations, I would be most surprised if the hymen cannot be repaired as good as new. Then a female who wished to do so could re-rent herself as a virgin every few weeks.

17. railfancwb

railfancwb

At best your registry idea is only half right. A registry of "frequent encounters of the sexual kind" should include all encounters of all kinds for human biological males (XY) and females (xx). Should this information be maintained for living non-humans involved in sexual encounters with humans? Or for inanimate objects?

Truthfully I believe the governments at all levels already collect and accumulate far too much information on us already.

18. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

By the tone (admittedly difficult to "read" in written form), I don't believe it was asked as a legitimate question; but rather a rhetorical question to mock traditional Christian values.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  19. LongLostBushman

LongLostBushman

I imagine it would work the same. As far as I know both men and women have blood so the possibility of STDs is there just as it is in different sex couples.

20. GoFasterrrr

GoFasterrrr

Please go away you Satan worshiper:steamed: :animlol:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015