GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,572 Posts
Well 1+1 can equal 19.95 if it makes you feel good.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
I figured as such but thats sneaky to not disclose it.
For sure. I ordered for them a bit ago and it listed the tip at the end which pissed me off they would just put it in there for pick up without asking. I found a way to take it off but then I put it back because the restaurants are supposedly hurting.

I says supposedly because it seems all the drive through ones are packed.

·
What did I come in here for?
10,945 Posts
Garlic, jalapenos, and red onions. I'm thinking this could be an aroma tax. :)

·
Registered
26,188 Posts
It's not "sneaky", it's dishonest.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It's not "sneaky", it's dishonest.
I happen to agree seeing as they don’t list the charge. And while I don’t know the law there where you live, I am pretty sure that they have to at least give you notice that they will be including any extra charges: a sign on their front counter, something on their online site, etc.

Hurting or not, that does not give them the right to just make assumptions and tack on charges. Bet that charge would not go away after things return to normal. (I am assuming that they will eventually.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
We eat Mod Pizza.
Put on as many or few toppings as you want , all the same price.

It is a page of stuff you can add. My typical pizza probably has at least 15 items.

I like them. My youngest son is friends with a guy that works there so I'm not begrudging 10%.

There was a time in the early 80s when $2.00 made a real difference for me and my wife. I hope and pray I never see those days again.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
FAKE NEWS

I just dummied up an order to see.
There is NO automatic tip.
You guys will need to find something else to get indignant about this morning.

upload_2020-9-20_9-34-7.png

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FAKE NEWS

I just dummied up an order to see.
There is NO automatic tip.
You guys will need to find something else to get indignant about this morning.

View attachment 833630
So i guess i just photoshopped my screenshot from my phone. It did indeed include an undisclosed $1.69 charge in that final screen (after paying). It's right there for you to see.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Screenshot the total page before you hit pay. Or snap a pic of the receipt that comes with the pizza.

Mine was a screenshot at the point I pay. It even shows the location of our local Mod Pizza.

Or, your restaurant is doing that but others don't. Want me to dummy orders from other locations? Give me your location and I will sign in and work up an order from yours.

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Screenshot the total page before you hit pay. Or snap a pic of the receipt that comes with the pizza.

Mine was a screenshot at the point I pay. It even shows the location of our local Mod Pizza.

Or, your restaurant is doing that but others don't. Want me to dummy orders from other locations? Give me your location and I will sign in and work up an order from yours.
Lol you have an odd emotional connection to this restaurant. The fact is, the subtotal was 16.94 and taxes were 1.32 equaling 18.26 but the total came to 19.95. It's not a big deal and I'll continue ordering from there..perhaps it was a mistake, perhaps this store builds a tip in. But to think im lying and photoshopped the screenshot just to get your panties in a wad is laughable. :crazy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts