Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

hey guys, title Basically says it all. I love the Full FDE look of the 19x I just have no need for a 19x as I see it as a glock 45 with a few missing features

this glock 17 MOS appears to be FDE from Glock but I don’t know for sure. The frame specifically is what I’m most curious about, I know the FDE on the slide will eventually show wear but is the frame FDE polymer like the 19x or is it just a good cerakote that will also eventually wear?

if anyone knows for sure I’d appreciate it

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Some type of refinish on the slide, probably cerakote, done by the distributor. Not the same as the 19X.

Hard to tell if the frame is factory FDE or also cerakoted. But it doesn't look like it's the same exact color as the 19X, so I'm guessing it's also a cerakote.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some type of refinish on the slide, probably cerakote, done by the distributor. Not the same as the 19X.

Hard to tell if the frame is factory FDE or also cerakoted. But it doesn't look like it's the same exact color as the 19X, so I'm guessing it's also a cerakote.
On first glance I thought the frames looked identical but after looking closer not only is it a different shade but the texture is different and less gloss so this one probably is coated

dang

with how popular the 19x is you’d think that add that color to at least the 17

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It stays hotter longer than a regular glock. The finish sucks
I'm not calling you out personally or trying to start a fight on the internet but I find it very difficult to believe a different finish would make the gun run hotter longer. Do you have any scientific testing to back up the claim? Firing the same ammunition from the same lot at the same time with a Glock 19X and a Glock 45 while firing at the same rate and measuring temperatures with an IR gun?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I'm not calling you out personally or trying to start a fight on the internet but I find it very difficult to believe a different finish would make the gun run hotter longer. Do you have any scientific testing to back up the claim? Firing the same ammunition from the same lot at the same time with a Glock 19X and a Glock 45 while firing at the same rate and measuring temperatures with an IR gun?
Not on me but I've seen the thermal pictures.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,753 Posts
Every one of those I have seen is Cerakoted.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,753 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts