Is This Diversity?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tool-time, Jun 10, 2020.

1. tool-time

tool-time

The engineering department of my alma mater now has a diversity department. Their website has links to many different sites. Many are set up to explain to us white folk how racist we are. The subject matter in a few of the articles that I skimmed thru could be applied to lower middle class whites. How is falsely assigning blame and causing hate “diversity”?

2. NMG26

NMG26

A large portion of American society hears the diversity message from their employers. It's not like we don't get it. The whole racism narrative is smoke and mirrors, and the majority of working Americans see right through it. Is it mainly the young and inexperienced tha fall for the con?

3. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

"Diversity" peddling is scam to separate guilty fools from their money.

4. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

The founders said:
    E Pluribus Unum."

From the many, one. IOW, homogeneity, not diversity.

treg, reniram, Intolerant and 9 others like this.
  5. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Friend's daughter specializes in organizational equity, diversity and inclusion. She's starting to get real busy.

6. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Most of it is just CYA material so they can say "See, we told everyone we were diverse and compassionate so you can't sue us."

7. PlayerOne

PlayerOne

Engineering could use a breath of fresh air. I'm getting bored working around White and Asian men. Gotta sprinkle some women in there, for everyone's sanity.

8. peng

peng

You just don't get it.

Diversity is our strength.

nrajeff and StarvinMarvin like this.
  9. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

So many companies I do business with are emailing me about how woke they are and lecturing me about racism. I googled many of those companies and see very little diversity in their upper management. A case of, "Do as I say, not as I do."

10. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

Japan is one of the most successful, united, prosperous and peaceful countries on earth and is virtually homogenous.

11. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I keep seeing people argue with the truthfulness of the message or argue that it's not morally correct or consistent...it just does not matter. The establishment want whites out and others in, your time is over. They will do whatever works even if it's lies, which tells you something. Here is a tweet that's pertinent to our current situation.

rebel.png

The question you should be asking is who runs all of these institutions that are pushing the agenda and why do they hate white people and want them to be subjugated. The answer is out there.

12. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

...from their country.

13. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Those who blatantly call out racism are actually racist

Intolerant, nrajeff, Quijibo and 3 others like this.
  14. CAcop

CAcop

A lot of it is white, well off liberals trying assuage their guilt.

The guys digging ditches in the streets go drink beers after work and don't give a **** what color you are. All they care about is if you pull your share of the load.

15. Dave514

Dave514

Call and ask them how many Republicans they have working in the Sociology Department.

16. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Appropriate diversity is a strength. The problems come when we start getting into inappropriate diversity, and diversity for its own sake. Those are weaknesses.

treg, nrajeff, UncleDave and 4 others like this.
  17. nursetim

nursetim

We better go rent a copy of The White Man’s Burden, with John Travolta and Harry Belefonte. That is what life is about to become.

Intolerant, nrajeff and hilljo like this.
  18. bdcochran

bdcochran

Yes. My brother worked for the state. He is a meek guy, intelligent, and a liberal.
    One day, a woman was transferred into his section of work. My brother supervised no one in his working career. She immediately filed a sexual harassment complaint against the section leader. A female investigator was sent. The new transferred employee filed a complaint against the investigator. Then she filed a complaint against the investigator's supervisor and every one in my brother's section, including my brother.

It learned that this transferred employee had been transferred because she making complaints against everyone! My brother and all the members of his section were sent to sensitivity training.

Lack of guts in leadership and state government. This is why I am not surprised to see politicians leading from behind in the current situation in the US. No guts. Most of these people never worked in a ditch or ran a business.

19. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

I'm familiar with the Kipling poem but not the movie. Nor will I ever be.

20. Pteridine

Pteridine

The more they file, the less they work and all they are doing is building a safety line so they can't be fired. People like that should get jobs that don't interact with anyone else and report further up the chain, preventing harassment of worker bees. They get assignments with time constraints and bad reviews and no raises if they miss them. The floating apex technique. Some get tired and go away.
    I always ask "why is diversity good? Isn't competence and work ethic what counts?

treg, CAcop and Willard like this.