Is this Cat Woman Absolutely Insane?? View these Crazy Videos and Judge!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LanceOregon, Jan 18, 2010.

1. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

I've seen some crazy folks, but this woman living in Russia may take the cake. She has so many cats living in her tiny little apartment ( 136 of them ), that feeding time consists of just throwing cat food all over the floor of the apartment.

Should this woman be locked up? What do you think?

Here is a link to the video:

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9594053

The cats are so starved that they go nuts when they are fed. Look at this wild video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtik5zN5m2g

Here is a more in-depth report all about her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASG6r9rhwcE&feature=related

She has been collecting her cats for 15 years!

2. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

3. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

The 2nd video about them being starved and going nuts for food, I think it is more a situation of being in competition for food. If you look at the cats, they all look healthy and not malnourished.

But yes, I think she's nuts.

4. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

The kitties look fine.. but... that place has to reek.

5. badge315

badge315

I've observed that type of feeding behavior before...with sharks. :wow:

Yeah, she's definitely :crazy:

6. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

Ever notice that 99.9% of the time with people with this "mental condition" (Best thing I can think to call it) it's cats and not dogs, or birds or guina pigs?

Freaky thought, but the same parasite that makes rats seek out cats to basically commit suicide to allow the bugs life cycle to continue exist in humans as well...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1525429/Parasite-that-makes-cat-lovers-neurotic.html

Published: 12:01AM BST 02 Aug 2006
    Cat-lovers may be more neurotic than other people as a result of a feline parasite that could ultimately also be responsible for international cultural differences, according to a radical theory published today.
    More than a quarter of the world's population - ranging from about seven per cent of the UK population to almost 70 per cent in Brazil - is infected with Toxoplasma -gondii, a relative of the malaria bug, which also infects rats, giving them a suicidal attraction to cats.

"Some of us have a parasite in our brains that does its best to change our personalities," writes Dr Kevin Lafferty, of the University of California at Santa Barbara in the Proceedings of the Royal Society, Biology.
    "In populations where this parasite is very common, mass personality modification could result in cultural change."
    He suggests that attitudes to ego, money, material wealth, work and rules may be affected by the parasite.
    Those infected by T. gondii are prone to guilt. It has been shown that, in rats at least, this helps the parasite to complete its life-cycle.
    An infected rat's behaviour alters so that it becomes more active, less cautious and therefore more likely to be eaten by a cat.
    Dr Lafferty suggested that climate affects the persistence of Toxoplasma and therefore that there are cultural ramifications. The parasite's eggs live longer in humid, low-altitude regions that have infrequent freezing and thawing.
    Earlier research at Imperial College London suggested that the parasite may also trigger schizophrenia. It showed that anti--psychotic drugs used to treat the illness prevented changes in the behaviour of rats that were infected with the parasite.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  7. VANWALL

VANWALL

8. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

Yeah but for every crazy Chihuahua person I'll show you ten "Cat Ladies" :supergrin: