Is this a record?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Man arrested for 242nd time in Chicago Gold Coast

March 19, 2010

BY ROSEMARY SOBOL Staff Reporter
    A man was arrested for the 242nd time Thursday night --this time after allegedly touching customers aggressively on an outside patio of an upscale Gold Coast restaurant, police said.

Darryl Marlow, 54, of 940 N. Cambridge Ave., was arrested at 6:05 p.m. at Tavern on Rush, 1031 N. Rush St., according to police who said Marlow was cited with panhandling in a prohibited manner after violating a city ordinance.
    Marlow was seen reaching into Tavern on Rush’s outside patio seating area where food was being served and touching customers while aggressively panhandling for money, according to a police report.

He was arrested after complaints were signed.

Police said Marlow has been arrested 241 times prior to the incident on Rush Street.
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2111931,pandhandler-record-arrests-031910.article

2. Derrin33

Derrin33

I swear there was a thread floating around here about a man making it to a 1,000. I can't find it right now. Either way, its sad.

3. tudor128

tudor128

Do a Google search on "Henry Earl". He's someone in the 1,300's...

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I think after the 100th time, they should just be shot. What's the point of keeping them around society for?

5. use2b6L32

use2b6L32

Jeeze...

6. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Not a record by a long shot. A lot of our regulars have died off, but one of them had damn near 400 arrests, IIRC. I'll check when I go back to work tomorrow.

7. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

That's pretty impressive... Hard to get arrested that many times, you have to do a nice job of balancing offenses, you don't want to get tied up in jail for too long on a beef and have someone else break your record of arrests... It'd be pretty embarrassing if your kid ended up getting more arrests than you've got...

Randy

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  8. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Currently detained as of 3/15/2010!

Not one to rest on his laurels.... :rofl:

I think Kentucky needs to get tough on crime, they need a 3000 strikes law...

Randy

10. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Does he travel back and forth from Lexington to Frankfort? I heard a funny story about a local drunk from a Frankfort buddy this past week. Sounds like Mr. Earl might be the same guy.

By the way, I'll be down in Frankfort on Thursday, heard Mcgruff won't be making it. :whistling: You gonna fill in?

11. jpa

jpa CLM

Christopher Cornstalk was arrested and/or hospitalized many, many, many, many times in the southern burbs of Chicago....he died in 06.

12. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

We have one or two around here that has been arrested many, many times. Probably no where near 242 should be close to triple digits.

13. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Our record was held by one of our local drunk transients. He had 425 bookings, and that was only since 1983 when the jail went computerized. The old-timer COs said that he had a lot before then, too. Probably 420 of the bookings were for drunk in public. There were two occasions when he got three drunk arrests in 24 hours, as drunks are released after five hours. He died a few years ago, and even his own mother won't miss him.

That record won't be broken, because now what we can do is when someone gets three public intoxication arrests in three months, the DA will file on it. They usually wind up with 90 days or so in County, and get arrested again a few times within a week or two of getting out and go right back.

14. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

What a waste of resources and oxygen.

15. CAcop

CAcop

I miss him sometimes. He was always entertaining. In his later years though he got tired and lazy. He wouldn't bother to take his pants off to take a dump.

16. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

I've never heard of Henry Earl willingly venturing too far from downtown Lex. One night when I was still on second shift there was a call of a suspicious person out Old Richmond Road, running through the horse pastures. A couple of guys went out there and found Henry Earl, scared out of his mind, running across a field. Apparently a group of fraternity ******bags had offered to take him to the liquor store and then driven him out to the country and dumped him out of the car. At some point in his alcohol sodden life he had gotten the idea that the Klan controls everything outside of New Circle Road in Fayette County. He was glad to see the police that night for sure.

I've got in- service all this week so I won't be in Frankfort this week.

17. A6Gator

A6Gator

So who's going to work for Obama then? Cabinet meetings will just be him and Retarded Joe...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  18. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

So what you're saying is there's no down side...

19. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

....But NEVER convicted. :whistling: