close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is this a real Lab (and should I keep her)?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Glock Bob, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

My friend's wife is fostering a dog her cowokers found a few weeks ago. My friend loves her, but doesn't want to have two dogs, especially as his first tends to get jealous. He asked me if I wanted her and I'm still trying to decide. So, I have two questions:

1. Does she look like a full-blooded lab? It really doesn't matter, but it'd be cool if she were.

2. About how much would it cost to get her spayed? It's only about $80 to adopt from the humane society where they must be spayed/neutered before leaving. If it's too much more than that I'll probably have to pass.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

2. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

The love in those eyes how could you say no to keeping her.
    Here in Indiana it depends on the vet you can pay $80.00 on up for spaying and neutering.
    Check with a vet near you.
    I can't tell you if she is a lab, but how can you say no to keeping her.
    May God Bless You and Your Wife for taking in a stray.
    John

3. GAdobemom

GAdobemom

Glock Bob, I'm not sure about what type of animal groups you have where you are located but here in Savannah we have several that work with people on low cost spay/neuter, it is based on income. You might want to look into this in your area, you probably could ask your vet if there are any around. Also if there are no groups around let your vet know she was found and you would like to keep her and have her spayed. Sometimes they will work with you and maybe give you a break or at the very least let you make payments. If she is not all Lab it looks like there is some there. Good Luck!!!

4. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

ask him about behavior/house broken/crate training, etc.

there is pure love in that pups eyes, but i would have to guess its a mix. i could very well be wrong though, but who cares? pound puppies love you more.

80 bucks for the adoption and they come fixed? i'd do it in a heartbeat...only possible problem is the vet visits in the near future; my 25 dollar GSD from the pound cost me a few hundred in the first few months.

i'd spend it again in a heartbeat.

5. jpcullen70

jpcullen70

She looks just like our dog. He is part lab and part weimaraner. He's a great dog.

[​IMG]

6. Jeep274

Jeep274 Member When?

I would also guess Lab and Weimereiner mix. She is absolutely beautiful. That is actually a very good mix to have. Both Labs and Weimereiners are great dogs with pleasant personalities.

Around here, I would guess spaying would be around $120 or so, but I can't say for sure. I certainly encourage you to take her as that small investment in her will come back to you 100 fold in the form of loyalty and love.:)

7. Jeep274

Jeep274 Member When?

Very handsome pup there JP!

8. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

If you look, you will find a way to find affordable spaying for her. She looks beautiful! Like the other folks have already said, there's a lot of love in those eyes. KEEP HER!

By the way, you really need to spay her. I got lazy with my German Sheperd pup. She's 2 years old, and I just got her out of the vet for having pyrometria. She could have died from it, and the cost was very high. Get it done for her health, and your checkbook...:dog:

9. walkin man

walkin man

What part of Al are you in? Here in Lauderdale county it is usually around 75 bucks for a spey. If you are close I can reccomend a good vet if you need one.

walkin man

10. sixshooterfan

sixshooterfan

I got my pup at the SPCA for 75 including spay but that was 4 years ago and their prices are up to 125 now. 80 is a good deal, looks like a good dog. could be pure but probably a mix. I'd probably just tell people she is a pure lab, that is what most folks are going to guess she is.

11. mattellis2

mattellis2

i am gonna go against the grain here and say that she is a full blooded lab. she looks a whole lot like my parents lab, jake. the pink nose makes them a dudley (named after the first guy that bred the pink nosed line). i'll try to get my dad to send me a picture of jake to post.

-matt

12. mattellis2

mattellis2

ok, here is some info and pictures from my dad.

Here are the pictures you wanted. A "Dudley" is considered a genetic defect and the dog is not recognized by the AKC, big deal. The coloration pigment around the eyes, lips and nose is missing in a Dudley. The nose also changes color with the season. Right now Jake's nose is quite dark, come winter, it will get lighter.

13. mattellis2

mattellis2

14. mattellis2

mattellis2

15. mattellis2

mattellis2

last one. talk about 110 lbs of goofiness!

-matt

16. kikr

kikr

I've got to say that shes gorgeous and it doesnt matter if she's a lab or not. Definately a keeper. Check around there are organizations that will pay or help pay for th neutering. Good luck.