close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is there any AR10 that can be had for under $1,000?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by soulless, Mar 7, 2010.

1. soulless

soulless

I want one but can't justified paying $1400 for one..

2. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Your expectations are kind of off course. :dunno:

Finding an Armalite AR10 for $1000.00 in a used and NOT in a very good looking condition maybe, otherwise I don't believe so. :crying:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010

3. cz85cmbt

cz85cmbt

Gunbroker has DPMS sporticals for under a 1000.00. No forward assist and no deflector but not necessary on AR's. DPMS is a good ar15 company not sure about the real dope on the sportical.

4. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Viva Hate CLM

5. Openroadracer

Openroadracer

The DPMS is priced under a $1000 at store near me. The Rock River's aren't much more, but I can't remember the price. www.gunnies.com, maybe you could work something out with them.

6. joecoastie

joecoastie

I just got this one, a DPMS LR308(T), from these guys.
    http://rguns.net/rifles/rifles-semiauto-ar15-complete-308.shtml

I don't know how much less than 1000 you were hoping for, but these were about the best prices I could find. I've only put about 100 rds through it so far. Accuracy seems good, however the third to last round would frequently FTE and the second to last round would try to double feed. It seemed to happen more often when I only loaded 5 rds in the mag as opposed to 19. I have a 20 rd Pmag on the way and hope that will solve the problem.

[​IMG]

7. txpitdog

txpitdog

Joecoastie, that Pmag should solve your woes. My AP4 would hang up towards the end of the mag and would gouge the shell casing before jamming up. Replaced the mags with Beta Cmags, now the rifle runs flawlessly...so much so that it will dump an entire mag in about 1-2secs bump firing. Love my AP4. Accurate and reliable!

8. joecoastie

joecoastie

Cool, that makes me feel better, it sounds like the exact same thing mine was doing. It seems that I have heard about a lot of problems with the DPMS factory mags, DPMS should take a page out of Ruger's book and ship Pmags with their rifles. I suppose it would raise the overall cost of the rifle, but it is a little annoying when you pay nearly a grand for a rifle and you have mag issues right off the bat. Other than that I absolutely love the gun and would buy all over again

9. boozer

boozer

I had been casually looking at .308 rifles for awhile. Savage bolt actions, FAL, PTR91, even NEF Handi-Rifle.

Then my local shop advertised new DPMS LR 308B's for $799 in January. Well that was enough to get me to jump, blew my gun budget right at the start of the year.

Now I need a scope and a bipod, that barrel is heavy. Haven't been able to shoot it yet.

Keep looking, the craziness is subsiding and prices are coming down.