close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

is there a political party I fit into?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Snaps, Oct 7, 2012.

1. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Not really... each person chooses the candidate/party which supports the same "liberties" as they do. The division is caused by what each person/party considers "liberty".

The constitution, regardless of how simple and clear it's worded, is similar to the bible in the aspect that each party (D)/(R) can both read the exact same writing, and have different interpretations of what it means.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

The constitution was not developed with only two parties in mind. Nor were our economic system, national foreign policies, or anything else currently manifested under the umbrella of the federal government.

To claim that libertarians are any less valid than democrats or republican is simple arrogance.

3. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

I think we both interpreted his post differently :beer:

See what i mean?

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

4. dre23

dre23

I can totally get behind the option to petition for them to be restored under set clear guidelines in a reasonable ampunt of time, but not an automatic restoration of them. I understand ink on paper does not prevent access to guns, simply see the potential for someone who has shown a high potential to commit further violence to be locked up before they do. I understand just because you commit a felony does not make you life time violent. In my opinion a criminal who is out after his third or fourth robbery or maybe even assault is not the best candidate to have a gun. Not that the law itself keeps him from getting one, but to caught for something lesser leading to the discovery of a firearm possibly putting them away longer is all I am saying.

5. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I think you should be able to walk into a store, grab a pair of full auto MP5s, 1k rounds and a pack of beef jerky without having to do more than pay and show ID to prove your an American. Ex con or not shouldnt be a factor IMO.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

IMHO, your POTUS vote matters far less than your Congressional vote this year. Let's face it; both D and R Pres candidates are simply designed-by-commitee to garner votes, not lead a country. It's congress that keeps them in check.

Vote defensively for POTUS, and offensively for everything else.

BTW...welcome to the Libertarian party. :wavey:

7. dango

dango

no.............................!

8. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Well seems like abortion is a big point of the R party.
    There's other things of that party im against such as the entire foreign policy. Our military should be used to protect our boarders. Not go peace keep around the 3rd world.

9. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

He said:

I don't know how that could be interpreted differently by any number of rational individuals.

:juggle:

10. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

And that's why I supporter harsher sentences for applicable crimes, as well.

Somebody being released 3-4 times on violent crimes blows my mind... makes me want to pull my hair out every time I see one of our "frequent flyers" out and about, knowing that it's just a matter of time before they twist off on somebody else, only to be released to do it again later in the future.

But, that's just the nature of the beast... I do my job and make sure they get their day in court. After that, it's out of my hands, but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I did my part.

11. nevnut

nevnut

You and I pretty much have the same beliefs. I consider myself Libertarian but vote Republican. I'm guessing in two or three more election cycles, The Libertarians might stand a chance.

12. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

I was going off his post as a whole, not just singling out one part of it.

13. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I work in a super max prison, we have plenty of repeat crooks going to parole to get their green sheets to get out again

14. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

So the whole is greater than the sum of the parts?

15. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

The sum of the whole is greater than it's parts.

16. SLO1911Fan

SLO1911Fan

Honestly you're an old school liberal Republican or conservative Democrat. Think Eisenhower, Truman, Kennedy, or any of the real Presidents we used to have. Before the political parties decided they needed to cater to the fringe elements of the parties for the money.

These days I would call you a moderate. So vote the issues, not a party line. Vote for whoever seems to support your positions and go from there.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  17. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

You got a selective memory. Ralph Nader helped get Bush elected in 2000 by dividing the progressive vote.

18. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Get active in the Libertarian Party and get candidates to run for State office.

Win some state offices, become a presence and you might begin to see viable candidates run for national office.

19. dre23

dre23

This is of course my opinion and by no means am I trying to sway the opinions of others.
    I appreciate all law enforcement doing their jobs. As I said I am absolutely for stronger penalties where warranted crimes of violence, in the absence of this happening I support a "career felon" being denied the right to bear arms. Again it won't stop them from getting them, but gives the chance to lock them back up before they are able to commit further violence. I support the idea of establishing reasonable universal rules for the restoration of rights.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

No beef jerky for ex cons! America - love it or leave it!