Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Apologies in advance if this is not a new question* I've been away for a while.
I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Thanks!
Lance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bama. I couldn't find anything on Glock's sight. I'm looking for the original U on back and dot up front. Is that what you're referring to? Trying to make sure I'm making the correct description of my quest. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Years back Glock did sell OEM Steel Luminescent sights in the combat U design. I don’t believe they’re currently available, at least I have not seen them anywhere, just Steel with the white outline which you can get on the Glock site.

Text Technology Font Electronic device Electronics Text Font Logo Brand

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Years back Glock did sell OEM Steel Luminescent sights in the combat U design. I don’t believe they’re currently available, at least I have not seen them anywhere, just Steel with the white outline which you can get on the Glock site.

View attachment 370806 View attachment 370808
Redlock7, In case you're interested in the Glock OEM Steel Luminescent Sights, Brownells still has them listed as In Stock. Part #'s NR17G32 (rear) and NF17G32 (front), $19.98 ea. I ordered a set just to check them out.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Glock's "LUMINESCENT" sights are glow-in-the-dark type. After shining a flashlight on them, they'll glow brightly for ~30 seconds; perhaps another 30 seconds, but dim.

The "original" front sight for a Glock was staked in at the factory. I think there were night sight versions, but my memory may be off. Then there were pinned in front sights, which may have had night sight versions, but unsure about this too. Finally, Glock used the screw-on front sights which are still being used today. I don't know what the first post is referring to when using the word "original".

Someone may have these older sights laying around in their toolboxes/inventory but I'm not aware of anyone selling new/unused versions.

When replacing any of these front sights, a Glock-branded night sight with screw will fit into any generation of Glock slide (part# NF17G24).

There will be a matching rear 2-dot tritium rear sight, too, and comes in Glock's various heights (6.1, 6.5, 6.9, or 7.3mm).

Reactions: Truth&Balance

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
A buddy keeps messing with various combinations of night sights, and some look pretty good. All that said, I , personally, see/shoot the ball in the box better than anything. Truly wish there was an actual night sight version.
Moon

·
Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner!
2,141 Posts
I'm thinking a Ameriglo front with a factory steel U rear would be good set-up.
Make sure you get the correct height. I thought I was going to be a smarty and turn my hackathorn sights an I dot pro when I noticed the height diff to allow for the H3.

Sent from my POS SM-T530NU using Tapatalk. please excuse my typos, spell check sucks!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wow, suffice it to say I was little surpised how bright the Glock OEM Luminescent Sights were after holding them under a light for like 20 seconds. The stayed fairy bright for about 15 minutes. Obviously, the key here is they need light to lumanite so not sure how practical they would be coming out of a safe or concealed holster. Might have to install these and see how the fair at the range. Stay tuned.

Green Black Darkness Light Text

·
NRA Life Member
68,422 Posts

View attachment 370806 View attachment 370808
You wouldn't want those anyhow, unless it's just to have a steel sight. I understand they quit glowing after a short time in the dark, just like anything else painted with "glow in the dark" paint.

Reactions: Truth&Balance
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.