Glock Talk banner

Is there a magazine extension for the G29?

9444 Views 20 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Pandaz3
I am looking for a one or two round extension for the 10 round magazine, there are several sources I have found for the G-20 15 round magazines but they say they are a no go for ten rounder's. I have two G-20 Mags that fit and shoot in the G-29, are sleeves available for them like Springfield has for some of their magazines..

I can shoot fine with the 10 round mag, but maybe I could shoot even better with a little more grip
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sleeve might be your best bet, I've heard good things about these:

http://x-grips.com/products/xgrip-gl29-30/
That's the ticket ! You know I had been to that sight, but they did not mention G-29 in the model menu so I left and they did not show up on Lone Wolf's sight without a search for X-Grip.

It is what I'm looking for though

Thanks

· Registered
1,574 Posts
I have often wondered why nobody makes a plus one or +2 extension specifically for the Glock 29?

Reactions: TriggerG29

· Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's close to what you'll get by using a sleeved G20 magazine....space wise.
I have shot my 29 (Gen 4) with the 20's magazines and I liked them, but yet felt a little awkward at the same time. I am sure these sleeves will help. I have to go on the road for a week or two so will hold off ordering till I get back. Once I get them and get to the range I will post back here.

Reactions: Big1

· Registered
345 Posts

Reactions: Big1

· Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got my 29 back from the factory yesterday and the Xgrip sleeves today, I'll try to shoot using them next week.

Reactions: chemboy

· Registered
258 Posts
I had the A&G sleeve for mine for a while on one. That was wasn't really that great, so I got the X-grip and it is much better. Just need to get a small piece of double sided tape to keep it in place. Better than a setscrew messing up the back of the mag body

· Registered
6,140 Posts

· Registered
6,140 Posts
I
Sleeve might be your best bet, I've heard good things about these:

http://x-grips.com/products/xgrip-gl29-30/
I also have one of these on my G27 magazine and I am really not happy with it. The fit and finish is poor. There is a strange sensation when firing. The Feel of the grip is fat and uncomfortable.
I have ground the surfaces to match more evenly and will stipple them trying to match 4he OEM finish in hopes that it's more comfortable when shooting.

· Registered
1,260 Posts
+1 to the PG29s. I use them on my chopped G21 with G30 mags. Though, between my small hands and the heavily-undercut trigger guard I can actually get my pinky on the factory base plate.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
I would like it if Glock were to make a taller baseplate like they do on the G30. That way we would have the grip extension some of us desire.

Reactions: Jeff Wallace

· Registered
423 Posts
I am looking for a one or two round extension for the 10 round magazine, there are several sources I have found for the G-20 15 round magazines but they say they are a no go for ten rounder's. I have two G-20 Mags that fit and shoot in the G-29, are sleeves available for them like Springfield has for some of their magazines..

I can shoot fine with the 10 round mag, but maybe I could shoot even better with a little more grip
I just purchased the XGrip sleeve for use of the G20 mag in my 29. My only regret is I didn't do it sooner. Shot the 29 yesterday with the sleeve and G20 mag to check reliability-it functioned great.

· Registered
6,140 Posts
Nope.

The 10rd G30 mag floorplate does not extend the magazine, it covers the longer 10rd mag tube.

Have you actually tried this G30 extension on your G29? The one third from the left top row? There is internet hype that says it doesn't function. I just want the added grip length, ha-ha that's what she said, and no pinch like I get with the Pearce extension.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.