close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is the wool being pulled over our eyes??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MaxxAction, Sep 18, 2012.

1. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Hey all...

Haven't posted here in awhile, just wanted to get some opinions.

Is there a difference anymore between any of the politicians. Democrats, republicans, liberals, conservatives?

Or is it possible that this is all a shell game that is designed to separate people and make them fight amongst themselves while the future of all is stolen from under our noses in all the distraction.

I know that most of us here will identify as, and rightly so, conservatives. And we have a handful of politicians who say all the right things, but in truth, are any of the worth a damn? I personally am beyond a point of believing anything that any of them have to say.

I believe that the majority of what happens in this world is not decided by governments, but corporate interests who decide the world's future based on profit margins. Here's a clue from a website that someone posted on another forum I frequent earlier today.

Corporate Media Ownership
    The Project Censored team researched the board members of 10 major media organizations from newspaper to television to radio. Of these ten organizations, we found there are 118 people who sit on 288 different American and international corporate boards proving a close on-going interlock between big media and corporate America. We found media directors who also were former Senators or Representatives in the House such as Sam Nunn (Disney) and William Cohen (Viacom). Board members served at the FCC such as William Kennard (New York Times) and Dennis FitzSimmons (Tribune Company) showing revolving door relationships with big media and U.S. government officials.
    These ten big media organizations are the main source of news for most Americans. Their corporate ties require us to continually scrutinize the quality of their news for bias. Disney owns ABC so we wonder how the board of Disney reacts to negative news about their board of directors friends such as Halliburton or Boeing. We see board members with connections to Ford, Kraft, and Kimberly-Clark who employ tens of thousands of Americans. Is it possible that the U.S. workforce receives only the corporate news private companies want them to hear? Do we collectively realize that working people in the U.S. have longer hours, lower pay and fewer benefits than their foreign counterparts? If these companies control the media, they control the dissemination of news turning the First Amendment on its head by protecting corporate interests over people.

Download*our guide to Corporate Media Ownership (pdf) to find out what the media owns or*click here to see Media Map of who owns what.

This information came from

Www.projectcensored.org

Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Jay9928

Jay9928 I laugh at liberals.

Difference ? No. Popularity contest to me.

3. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus Silver Member

Politicians = liars

It's been proven time and time again. If you pay attention, and have a reasonable memory, it's almost impossible to view modern politics with anything other than a jaundiced and cynical eye.

Then you deal with people - lots of them - who view the president as some sort of autocrat who signs laws all on his lonesome, changes everything in the USA with a stroke of the pen, and basically "rules the country" without any oversight or obstruction...and then you lose your faith in your fellow man who at some point took American Government classes in high school too...but totally slept through it. Right?

People used to be in politics because they had something to lose. Now they're in politics to help themselves, and fulfill the driving need to control large groups of people. They will do or say whatever is required to get YOU to get THEM into power...and then they do whatever they damned well please, because memories are short, and people are lazy.

4. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Essentially when you vote you are doing absolutely nothing to benefit the nation. You are merely pointing out which prostitute you will allow to screw you and take your money. You choose between two because the pimps only give you that choice. No matter how diseased, vile and ugly either of the two are, we will line up to choose one or the other thinking we can accomplish something. We are wrong.

5. NMG26

NMG26

Hey Max.

Yup. Tagged.

6. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Wools been pulled over the peoples eyes for the last 20 years. But they still don't see it.

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

But you ALLOW the pimps to give you that choice instead of exercising free will and common sense to create a new one.

8. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Of course there is a difference. Only those too lazy and stupid to look would say there isn't.

9. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

Good post. The wool has not only been pulled over people's eyes but many people have voluntarily stuck their heads in the sand as well.

Although i grasp the strategy of how voting third party bleeds votes from one side or the other, this john Quincy Adams quote should be read by many.

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”

10. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Yes there is a difference. The problem is there is not enough difference.

11. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Exactly the principle I live by.

12. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

"Being pulled" ... sheesh ... I don't think we've had a honest view of our political process since the advent of television; which turned the 'statesman' into the 'politician'.
    And now that Citizens United is law, it will undoubtedly get even worse.

13. JMS

JMS 02

Bingo OP, divide and conquer, laws benefit them and their biggest 'contributers.' I know it's not popular around GT, but that is the reason I don't vote. They'll tell you whatever you want to hear to get in bed with you and then they'll f you.

14. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

And exactly why I can say that I 'don't allow' anything! But I do understand that in the end, it won't change anything. :wavey:

15. ray9898

ray9898

For the average person....No. They are all liars which has turned your average person off from our political system.

Those on both extremes are the most vocal because they need partisan politics so they can have a platform for their pet issues such as abortion, religious morals, being 'green' and ensuring social entitlements.

16. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Can you tell me what the difference is? I think if there was a person worth their weight in salt in the whole bunch they would stand up and shout the truth of the matter. But doing so doesn't seem to pad the retirement account that well I guess.

17. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Agree that a lot of times the choice between to canidates is like choosing between a poop sandwich with mustard or a poop sandwich with catsup. Neither appealing, but hold your nose and pick which one you think will do you the least harm.

I'm not quite ready to think that evil corperations run the show 100%, but am sure they influence things as much as possible, especially in the little things that slip through the so called "news" reports.

18. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Without so much as a drop of K.Y.

19. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Anyone ever seen this movie?

It came out what, 37 years ago, and never has anything been so dead on, even prophetic...[ame="http://youtu.be/HFvT_qEZJf8"]http://youtube/HFvT_qEZJf8[/ame]

20. JMS

JMS 02