close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is the Glock 23 Gen4 fixed?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by normal.guy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. normal.guy

normal.guy

im still over seas at the time. will be home at the end of september. im hoping all the bugs have been worked out of the new gen4 23 so i dont have issues when i get home and pick one up. let me know.
    thanks

2. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Never heard of any problems with them before. Seems that everyone complained about the G19. So your good with the Gen4 G23.

3. normal.guy

normal.guy

appreciate it wareagle.

4. madwill

madwill

as an owner of a gen4 23 let me say that, yes, they did have some problems with brass to the face and failure to eject. that being said, however, they have corrected the problems with a new ejector and extractor. i had mine updated and it runs fine. if you buy one just make sure it has the updated parts.

5. normal.guy

normal.guy

what are the part numbers i need to look out for, if you dont mind me asking?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  6. Cowboy1629

Cowboy1629

The new ejector is 28926, wasn't aware of a new extractor. I had issues with brass going to the left and to the face. After installing the new ejector it cured the problem.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one.

Test fire date 2/25/11 (RKZ)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  7. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Stick with the diehard Gen 3. Plenty still out there. I wont buy any Gen 4 because I don't believe in "what ifs" and both my dealers can't sell G3's fast enough.

8. Rustin

Rustin

I think the "problems' are usually associated with the 9mm Glocks, in particular the 19. Hmm. I wonder why it's always overwhelmingly the 19.... Perhaps because there are twice as many G19's in civi hands than any other Glock! Beginners typically pick the 19. I find it funny that people think it's mainly the 19's that are having problems. Honestly, if Glock is slipping up, it would show in any new production Glocks. The 9mm Glocks have a harder time running light loads with the new dual recoil spring setup. The spring setup was designed primarily for the .40, so I could see why the .40's are doing well. Either way, get yourself a 9mm! If your going .40, get an m&p. It was designed around the .40 and then setup for 9mm whereas the Glock was designed around 9mm, then setup to run .40's in the exact same frame.

9. USAFgoober

USAFgoober

My Gen4 23 has been running perfectly! April '12 test date.

10. KS_Jayhawk

KS_Jayhawk

Go with the Gen4 23 over the Gen3, I have had zero issues with mine (test fire date 6-30-11)

11. L Pete

L Pete

I've got one that's about 3 months old.......No problems......Great shooter. It's becoming my favorite.

12. bunk22

bunk22

My Gen 4 G23 is a week old, test fired in late May of 12 I believe. Almost 500 rounds, not a single issue, no erratic brass, nothing. Perfect out of the box, like my new Gen 4 G19, perfect :supergrin:

13. Thomasc18

Thomasc18 NRA Life Member

I bought my gen 4 23 June 1st with test fire of May 2012. Almost 1k rounds through her with no issues. Fires great!

14. normal.guy

normal.guy

thanks for the feed back everyone. ill have my ffl order me one with night sights.

15. kj4963

kj4963

Bought mine in December, no brass to the face at all.

16. Backfire_Tx

Backfire_Tx

About 15% of rounds fired - the casings went to my head. Long story and it was a pain, Glock sent a new ejector. Problem is fixed. I shot a lot of ammo and dive into the forums and waste time. I had to find an armorer for them to send the part to. My glock i think was one of the first gen 4's. If the glock you buy sits on a shelf from a gun dealer - it may still have the old ejector. Make sure that the ejector is an 28926 and you will be good. Just lock the slide back and peek at the number on the ejector. I don't know if they also changed the extractor's - my head shots were fixed with a new ejector. Check for the 28926 ejector.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  17. normal.guy

normal.guy

and if the ejector is not the 28926, how long did it take glock to send the new one to your armorer?

18. Backfire_Tx

Backfire_Tx

It was about 1 1/2 weeks if memory serves. I guess i was having so much fun shooting the gun and getting used to it, that i did not want to box it up and send it back to Glock for 6 weeks. Glock told me it would be that long. Also, i had a hassle finding an armorer - finally found one.

19. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Had problems with a couple Gen4 G19's, But none with my Gen4 G23.

20. Consort

Consort

Are the G19 Gen 4's o.k. now ?