Is the G26 obsolete?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by China boy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

I considered it, even fired one, when my Police duties "and age" demanded I get a lightweight gun and my .45 days were over, as well as my two gun days.

But the G19 was far to sweet. I mean it was/is perfect as a dbl stack combat pistol. Mine sports Tru Glows and a OEM Skimmer trigger that breaks like a 1911 with almost no pre-travel. I go ga-ga shooting it.

2. DrewBone

DrewBone

Uh boy. It's not a matter of concern, or even opinion; it's a matter of correctness and principle. The title of any thread is the sole indicator that's responsible for the members here to use to identify their interest(s) and reply properly or not reply at all, and your thread title says it all: "Is the G26 obsolete?" And what have the majority of "opinions" (from complete strangers that you actually do concern yourself with here) been? Many seemed to answer the question you're not asking with "No's" - with little else discussion.

That's because words mean things. And that's why Glock discussions belong in the General Glocking discussion forum, just as non-Glock discussions belong in the General Firearms forum. It's a very simple principle.

And was your "...none of my concern." reply back to me supposed to indicate that you're above reproach? If so, wow, I'm impressed...I've located yet another firearm deity here...and very much like my ignore list, that list is growing exponentially alongside it, LOL...

3. amd65

amd65

The OP’s question is absurd on its face. G26 will be “obsolete” when laser pistols get issued, not before.

Pistolay likes this.
  4. MD357

MD357

You shop at the wrong gun stores or don't have a good relationship with them. Not saying private sales aren't better, but I've never taken that much of a bath on a trade in.

5. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I've never sold a gun to a gun store. have gotten prices from many of them on trade in but I've never taken one up on it. I've always made out much better on a private sale.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

For EDC, I carry a Gen3 G26. When my clothing allows I carry it with a 12+1 OEM extended magazine, when not, it gets the 10rd mag. It certainly isn't a concealable as the 9mm Shield and XD-S, but those pistols also hold considerably less rounds and I can't shoot them as well.

7. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

I assure you that others who trade in guns don't get your deal. Just like car dealerships, you always get raped on trade ins. I assure you that your situation is unique and not common anywhere.

8. MD357

MD357

While I never said it was common, it's not unique. 50% of value is like ~$200 for a Glock. I assure YOU lol. Funny thing is, if you know how to talk to dealerships and are patient.... you won't get raped on your trade in either. You DO have to know how to walk away though.

9. drewthebrave

drewthebrave

Nailed it. Carrying any firearm is going to be some sort of compromise. Now that there are so many capable guns available in the slim compact market, the G26 might not be in the "Goldilocks" zone for as many people. But because it has magazine compatability with the larger Glocks, it will always have its share of fans (myself included).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I have always thought that with the pmag 12 round mags, the G26 was the perfect 12+1 pistol. However, the new P365XL catches my attention, and I will have to see how this compares size wise.

11. MrS&W

MrS&W

I feel like G26 is... There are a lot of other small or smaller 10 round opinions available on the market nowadays. The G26 has nothing over them other than the fact that it can accept larger mags. That may be fine and a selling point for the small handfull of people who chose the G26 as their one and only handgun, but most people own more than one which typically are either G19 size or small single stacks. If I feel like I need more rounds and higher capacity, I'll carry a larger gun.

12. jr24

jr24

Right. The last two Gen 3 Glocks I traded in I got $350 for, which is only slightly less than the $400-450 I could get on the open market.

Sure I lost a bit, but it's not that bad, not $200 bad anyway

MD357 likes this.
  13. MD357

MD357

That's pretty much spot on for what I've gotten for them. Depends on how much your time is worth. Sometimes I don't feel like bartering, or dealing with the tire kickers.

14. forty5

forty5

I have Glock's but never own a G 26,i don't know the answer to your question.:waving:

15. myglockisa23

myglockisa23 Silver Member

I've owned several G26's and recently bought a new G26 Gen 5 with Bold sights to replace my G42, G43X and G48... I can shoot the G26 as accurately as my G17 or G45 at distances up to 25 yards, something I could never do with my 42, 43X or 48... I now carry a G43 with (7+1), G26 or G45 depending on how I'm dressed.... I think the G26 is here to stay....I might try another G48 once Glock starts shipping them in black.

16. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Prior responses suggest the question is ......no to obsolescence.

I have (3) 26’s and yup still carry.

Years ago the 26/27/33 was the smallest Glock and with Pearce extensions just barely fit my hands. The Platforms are very accurate in the right hands.

Unfortunately the other Single stack Glocks along with the 19/23/32 do not fit my hands.

I would hope that people buy a handgun that fits......not because of a used car sales pitch.