Is the G26 obsolete?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by China boy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. 45caldan

45caldan

but not in your back pocket as you walk around...

2. jr24

jr24

Not normally...

But if I went to Milwaukee and had a big jacket pocket... Perhaps

Intolerant likes this.

3. rlawson

rlawson

I still carry my 26 and love it. I have rented a P365 a couple of times and I am still undecided about it because I do not like the way it fits my hands.

Intolerant and vba like this.
  4. VIS07

VIS07 Never, never, never give up.

Oh I think it's far from obsolete. It's very hard to find another gun that's as small as a G26, that can morph into full size capacity in a mag change. It still shines very bright there. It's a fairly small gun that holds 10 rounds. The 365 is a small gun that holds 10 rounds. Eh...the competition is not light years ahead.

Intolerant and vba like this.
  5. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I keep on in the door of my truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VIS07, Intolerant and vba like this.
  6. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

I wouldn't spend money on a new one, I hate the short stubbiness of the grip and find it very unshootable, but if I already had one I'd find some kind of use for it in the rotation. There are always some sacrifices you have to make in a carry gun, I think the 365 is a far better option for a new gun buyer.

I'd probably have my 26 in a Miami classic light shoulder holster for shoulder holster days. 16 rounds is still 16 rounds. I'd even keep my eye open for a used one but a new one? No.

Intolerant likes this.
  7. Biggy1

Biggy1

IMHO, the reliability and durability of these other small pistols, are not up to the same point *yet* as the G26.

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

Glock 26 obsolete??

upload_2019-7-17_10-52-53.jpeg

Dr_fast and Intolerant like this.
  9. TeaDub

TeaDub

Perhaps it's just what I'm used to after a couple decades and many thousands of rounds downrange? I find that even with my smaller hands, the double stack Glocks are easier to shoot well.

They also are more tolerant of neglect. I can pick up my 19 or my 26/27 after not going to the range with them in months and shoot decent groups. My single stacks require that I stay on top of them to do the same.

Obsolete? Hardly.

VIS07, Intolerant, vba and 1 other person like this.
  10. GigG

GigG Reformed 1911 Shooter

Sure it matters. Just ask my wife if almost and extra inch around the waist doesn't matter.

Intolerant and jr24 like this.
  11. Hank Was Right

Hank Was Right

If the G26/27/33 were just being introduced today, it would still be a popular model. It works great as part of a system or as a stand alone ccw. If you have a 19 or 17, the 26 makes perfect sense.

Intolerant and jr24 like this.
  12. grumpy1

grumpy1

On heck no. The new generation of slim CCW pistols serve a purpose as far as comfort in concealing but if I could only own one CCW pistol it would be a Glock 19 or 26. I can shoot them better and comfortably for many more rounds at a time and they are still fairly comfortable to CCW. The Glocks also have long history of reliability and durability for many tens of thousands of rounds fired while that is still an unknown for the P365 and it's newer competitors. The Taurus is the Harbor Freight of handguns and serves that market but is not in the same ballpark as the Glock 19/26.

glock1097, Intolerant and jr24 like this.
  13. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

This is probably true but the 365 is coming real close. The G26's owned by friends have been very dependable guns.

Intolerant likes this.
  14. tango44

tango44

Never will be, greatest Glock on earth!
    Enough said!

Truth&Balance and Intolerant like this.
  15. Intolerant

Intolerant

Hey, at least you still have it! Some people had sold them and wished they hadn`t.

byf43 likes this.
  16. plp

plp

Never. In the right situation, nothing beats it in the shootability/compact carry ratio. I say that to date having never shot a 42 or 43, but I have shot a number of 10 round mag capacity 9mm's (and own a few of them).

I'm seriously thinking about investing in a New York trigger for one, that 5 pound pull is just too light for me to comfortably carry with one in the pipe.

17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

The long answer is no.

Intolerant likes this.
  18. plp

plp

I agree with you about chunky, because in the subcompact realm it is.

However, lost me on the clunky part. I have a lot of Ruger P series guns, and they are indeed clunky, in that the trigger is consistently gritty on all of them, there is some variety as to point of aim vs point of impact, and why the sights on all of them are aligned differently from gun to gun.That to me is what a clunky handgun typifies, but I still love and shoot them.
    Clunky does not necessarily mean bad. My G17L is a Porsche compared to Ruger's Camaro, but both will get the job done if you do your part.

The last thing I would consider the 26 to be is clunky. Mine is smooth as silk, that same ho hum boring Glock trigger that just works every time with monotonous regularity, and have never once had a mechanical failure.

We have all commented on how it is the smallest gun that shoots like a full sized gun, only upgrade I've made was an XP fiber optic front sight, but that is for my deficient eyes, no knocks on the gun itself.

Intolerant likes this.
  19. plp

plp

If you haven't already, get a Pearce mag plate. I have one on all my 10 round mags, makes a world of difference between a 2 finger and 3 finger grip hold, juuuusst enough extra there to hook the pinky on.

20. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Hell.

No.

No other gun than maybe an AR gives you more options to expand or contract it size and capacity wise