GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
A public corporation just means their stock is traded on an exchange and anyone can buy stock. It does not mean they receive government funding or taxpayer support.
But corporations receive government protected limits of liability.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
There was a time when Americans admired and aspired to wealth. What happened? HH
I think you might be oversimplifying things a bit in this instance but I’ll bite.

Jack Dorsey is a known Democrat donor and supporter. He has long been suspected of censuring, banning and silencing Conservative opinion to the point where he earned himself a subpoena to a Senate hearing to answer a few questions. Twitter (his company) is alleged to have basically refused to allow the Hunter Biden fiasco to see the light of day. I could go on but you get the point.

He’s denied any wrongdoing. I’m not on Twitter so I don’t have any personal knowledge or experience, but there’s a little more in play here than admiring and aspiring to wealth.

You get that, right?

·
Firm member
29,698 Posts
I think you might be oversimplifying things a bit in this instance but I’ll bite.

Jack Dorsey is a known Democrat donor and supporter. He has long been suspected of censuring, banning and silencing Conservative opinion to the point where he earned himself a subpoena to a Senate hearing to answer a few questions. Twitter (his company) is alleged to have basically refused to allow the Hunter Biden fiasco to see the light of day. I could go on but you get the point.

He’s denied any wrongdoing. I’m not on Twitter so I don’t have any personal knowledge or experience, but there’s a little more in play here than admiring and aspiring to wealth.

You get that, right?
Henry Ford was a complete piece of ****, yet he was admired. HH

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Perhaps but the merits of his business dealings, liberal leanings and alleged political biases aren’t currently being bantered about on a gun board 5 days before the biggest election in my 57+ years.

·
Firm member
29,698 Posts
Perhaps but the merits of his business dealings, liberal leanings and alleged political biases aren’t currently being bantered about on a gun board 5 days before the biggest election in my 57+ years.
Ah, that changes things. Thanks. HH

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Henry Ford is admired because he built freedom.

He mass produced cars the average man could afford so for the first time in history people could travel 3,000 miles across the country on a moment's notice.

This compared to today where the famous business heads are just pawns of the survellience state stealing your freedom as the people are the product.

Running a utility gathering personal information on people is not very inspiring. The reason so many of these tech leaders have armies of body guards is because they are widely hated.

Censoring and influencing elections is treasonous. You would think they would be happy raking in massive amounts of money running their organizations as public utilities not caring about content (protected by section 230).

That they are risking it all by censoring only the Right tells us they are controlled by enemies of the USA.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I thought he looked ridiculously like Gandalf the Grey. It seems like he is a man so obsessed with his image of seeming to be 'woke' that he might have a tenuous grasp of reality. Look in the mirror. Your hipster beatnik haircut just screams of somebody who is denial about losing his youth.
Perhaps he views himself as being a Tibetan monk sitting on top of a mountain then realizes he is full of sheetz after getting hit with a round house kick from Chuck Norris....

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Not that I’m defending this scumbag, but eating one meal a day is becoming more popular everyday. Walking 5 miles is good exercise, meditation is a highly beneficial practice, I cannot speak to ice baths, but it’s not an indication of mental illness.
I always thought it was healthier to more small meals throughout the day - has the thinking on this changed? The walking and meditation are good things, not sure I could get on board with an ice bath though.

FWIW he's also the CEO of Square. I don't use or like Twitter, but I'll give the guy credit for living life on his own terms. There was an interesting, if somewhat fawning article about him earlier this week in the Wall Street Journal. I kind of admire and respect the guy even if I have complete and utter contempt for his politically motivated restrictions on what people can tweet.

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
I always thought it was healthier to more small meals throughout the day - has the thinking on this changed? The walking and meditation are good things, not sure I could get on board with an ice bath though.

The small meals throughout the day is for weight loss and body building, IIRC. The fasting diet is more about life extension. The body thinks it is starving releasing certain chemicals that help protect you through stimulation of the immune system. And yes thoughts have changed about 37 times over the last 20 years. Perhaps different things work for different people, for different purposes. Or they just really don't know because the body is immensely complicated, with widely varying symbionts and parasites that all affect you. Now I think they have diets, and pain medicine recommendations based on DNA tests. Expect things to change again, and maybe get very specific to each person.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts