GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The ******bag should be homeless.

'Cept people keep patronizing his company and handing him money.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
They are not a private company, and they cannot do what they want. They are a public corporation with certain privileges and protections granted by the government, which can be taken away. The have protections from liability granted by law, as they claim to be a “platform” or common carrier, so no liable for what others communicate on the “platform”. If they are selectively censoring, they can lose that status and be treated as a publisher, and be liable for what they publish. I think they have crossed that line. So no they cannot do whatever they want and maintain their special privileges.

If they were a private company, and the owners were personally liable for whatever was Tweeted, then I would say they are free to do what they want and suffer the full consequences. But they are not.
This is legal gibberish. Section 230 immunity has absolutely nothing to do with this publisher/platform distinction that has become so popular. You can actually read section 230. It’s not long. And there is no publisher/platform distinction. It’s pure propaganda that has taken hold.

Your public/private distinction is also simply wrong. Being publicly traded isn't what confers section 230 immunity.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
This is legal gibberish. Section 230 immunity has absolutely nothing to do with this publisher/platform distinction that has become so popular. You can actually read section 230. It’s not long. And there is no publisher/platform distinction. It’s pure propaganda that has taken hold.

Your public/private distinction is also simply wrong. Being publicly traded isn't what confers section 230 immunity.
No it doesn't. But my point is if you want to enjoy special government protections from limits of liability provided by being a corporation, then you have to accept their rules. If you don't want to accept their rules you should be a corporation.

I feel like if a private business doesn't want to serve certain people for any reason, that should be their right, according to the first amendment free association clause. However, once you gain the protection of limited liability for being a Corporation or LLP then you should be subject to whatever rules the representatives of the people vote for.

Twitter is very clearly a Publisher via their actions. They should be liable for everything posted through Twitter.

“No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider."

They are now the de facto provider of the content. Especially when they selectively promote/suppress content. And actually it does make a distinction about being a publisher. It was originally design to protect the Internet Service Providers (the guys that hook you to the internet, think AT&T, local power company, whoever you get your internet service from). You see a publisher is not the speaker or writer of the content, but they are still liable if they publish it, without checking the validity of the statements. It is why papers and other non-fiction publishers pay for so many fact checkers. Now Twitter and and other social media companies are utilizing fact-checkers, not just people policing copyright infringement and illegal activities (calling for people to kill someone). So even they are taking the actions of a publisher. They are making the content their own, and so not protected by original intent of Section 230.

·
Registered
30,244 Posts
Because this guy is a freak with some intelligence. Just look at his lifestyle, so glad I am not on Twitter........ This is the gentle version

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-5-miles-work-daily-ice-bath-meditation.html
Not that I’m defending this scumbag, but eating one meal a day is becoming more popular everyday. Walking 5 miles is good exercise, meditation is a highly beneficial practice, I cannot speak to ice baths, but it’s not an indication of mental illness.

·
NRA4EVR
11,458 Posts
Not that I’m defending this scumbag, but eating one meal a day is becoming more popular everyday. Walking 5 miles is good exercise, meditation is a highly beneficial practice, I cannot speak to ice baths, but it’s not an indication of mental illness.
But Dunning-Kruger has already diagnosed him as different, and therefore to be hated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Did I also mention that he has a nose ring and a shaggy billy goat thing going on?

Reactions: dpadams6

·
Registered
30,244 Posts
Did I also mention that he has a nose ring and a shaggy billy goat thing going on?
Still not an indication of mental illness.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Still not an indication of mental illness.
How about a funny last name?

No need to answer, just messing with ya. There's more back story to his lifestyle and daily routine. He claims to work two 8hr shifts each day, 6 days a week, each day starts with a ice bath etc. I have been blessed by my career and there is no amount of money in pay I would exchange for his lifestyle. I have seen many people become a slave to their creation and that is not a life for me.

Reactions: dpadams6

·
Registered
30,244 Posts
But also does not preclude a diagnosis of a mental illness.
By that logic, drinking water or eating a peanut butter sandwich does not preclude a diagnosis of mental illness either.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
By that logic, drinking water or eating a peanut butter sandwich does not preclude a diagnosis of mental illness either.
True. So it is good logic. I don't partake much of either of those, so I think I am safe :D

What about that other saying "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it just may be a duck."

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
I thought he looked ridiculously like Gandalf the Grey. It seems like he is a man so obsessed with his image of seeming to be 'woke' that he might have a tenuous grasp of reality. Look in the mirror. Your hipster beatnik haircut just screams of somebody who is denial about losing his youth.
Seems to be all the rage these days, see how sh***y they can look.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
A public corporation just means their stock is traded on an exchange and anyone can buy stock. It does not mean they receive government funding or taxpayer support.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,144 Posts
His pupils in his eyes never changed size, not once. They stayed amazingly small. This can be a sign of being on drugs.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts