Is the CEO of Twitter homeless?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sudo, Oct 28, 2020.

1. RenoF250

RenoF250

It is not about his clothes or beard. He looks STONED and has a stupid nose ring. looking off to the whole time. He looks like Jack Ryan getting tortured for info by the taliban.

pag23 likes this.
  2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

There was a time when Americans admired and aspired to wealth. What happened? HH

Rizzo likes this.

3. Rotn1

Rotn1

Jack Dorsey or the Unibomber ....... You decide (and what was with that nose ring?)

image.jpeg

nursetim likes this.
  4. Rotn1

Rotn1

Agree. One day we'll be reading about something odd / bad regarding him. Somethings not right.

pag23 likes this.
  5. Mr981

Mr981

Howard Hughes has come back from the dead!

nursetim, DonGlock26 and Rotn1 like this.
  6. Taz

Taz

Popular misconception. Communists are just as greedy and hooked on money and power as the greediest capitalist you can think of. Actually they are much worse. They are given wealth and absolute power under communism. You think being a billionaire and hitching a ride to Lolita island are perks?? That’s minor league crap compared to what the elites of “communist” empires are able to get away with.

nursetim likes this.
  7. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Well I get it some folks hate dressing up, have many does not change some people. The are who they are, and do not need expensive cloth, and shoes to make a statement.

I wear jeans, tennis shoe, and t-shirts. If I hav to "dress up to go some place special", the most I will get out of uniform is a Hawaiian Button Short Sleeve Shirt.

I got this old hoodie sweat **** I have had 20 plus years, it is my go to in cold weather. I would rath spooned money on thing that I enjoy, like Cigars. Beer, Steak. Cloths do not rock my boat.

fg17 and treg like this.
  8. kiole

kiole

I mean private sector.

9. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

It's not his clothes. He's wearing a suit jacket.

It's his hygiene. He appears to not shower regularly or not attend to his face and hair. It could be trendy, sure, to be a rich CA vegan guy who rejects societal norms. But it's also a giant red flag for a number of mental health conditions and/or substance abuse.

pAZ Ron and Rotn1 like this.
  10. racerford

racerford

They are not a private company, and they cannot do what they want. They are a public corporation with certain privileges and protections granted by the government, which can be taken away. The have protections from liability granted by law, as they claim to be a “platform” or common carrier, so no liable for what others communicate on the “platform”. If they are selectively censoring, they can lose that status and be treated as a publisher, and be liable for what they publish. I think they have crossed that line. So no they cannot do whatever they want and maintain their special privileges.

If they were a private company, and the owners were personally liable for whatever was Tweeted, then I would say they are free to do what they want and suffer the full consequences. But they are not.

nursetim likes this.
  11. Emily W Trott

Emily W Trott Just living my life.

Mad once had a Dave Berg Lighter Side about the workplace. In the first panel a visitor asked a woman who the nicely dressed young man was. The woman said, "That is Mr. Somebody. He dresses that way because someday he is going to be important. The next panel showed a sloppily dressed man in a t-shirt. When asked who he was the woman replied, "That is Mr. Anyone. He dresses that way because he owns the company." Funny how some things from years ago just stick in your mind. :)

nursetim, rotorhead1026 and Jonesee like this.
  12. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

Only the ones in power. What I am saying is this guy won't be part of the power structure, he will be an unwilling donor to the power structure. Then he'll be in the line for bread with the rest of us plebs, or he'll be shot when The State comes to claim his stuff.

13. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

So, you decided to respond to me with something about what somebody else said.

O-kayyy.

14. kiole

kiole

Do you think GlockTalk should be free to censor people on their forum? If so should they be able to be sued if I post something stupid?

I don’t think private sector companies should be held responsible for content posted by non-employee users if they are doing a reasonable job filtering through it. Removing posts such as copy written material and illegal materials.

The entire idea of having to be protected by big government by giving up your rights as a business is crazy to me. Also the idea of being liable because some nut posts on your service is crazy.

15. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Interesting...no mention of drug use and he sure seemed high at the Senate hearing. Either that or he is mentally ill or faking mental illness to avoid answering questions.

He may be smart and rich but it is a case of too much too fast. He lacks maturity.

He does not take the censorship issue seriously and maybe he has unseen powerful backers and controllers who can protect him. Time will tell.

Wojo88 likes this.
  16. Rotn1

Rotn1

G-O-R....
    I get it. Now that I am retired I choose the casual and comfortable dress items as well.
    The key word is retired. I no longer represent anyone but me. No shareholders, no investors and no employees.
    As well, one can be dressed down and still look presentable. What I saw was someone who simpy doesn't care one lick about his appearance. His personal hygiene appeared poor.

My take is he is out of touch from reality. He lives in his own Twitterverse where he is God. Everyone indulges him and any stupid pronouncement he utters.

Nose ring...... No nose ring, that's just him being a maveric and wanting to show he's unconventional and a cool kid to the Washington Boomers.

But the rest of it........Something is wrong with Mr. Dorsey.

17. fg17

fg17

LOL... Im guessing he will be pretty rich no matter what system he lives under. There's more than a few billionaires in Sweden BTW.

18. Wojo88

Wojo88

Yup, and its called the CCP...... their punishment will be dealt with in China and that's where these companies get hurt in the bottom line

Flying-Dutchman likes this.
  19. racerford

racerford

If you want to get special government protections, you have to follow their rules. If they were only censoring, copyrighted and blatantly illegal things from all posters then they would be protected under current law. If they are selectively censoring, or slanting the content by removing negative content about Democrats, and leaving or “promoting” negative comments about Republicans they are no longer just a platform, they are a publisher, not protected. It is that simple. And no I don’t think they should continue with special protections, even GlockTalk.
    See if they promote posts that say Trump is a murderer, and censor posts that say Biden is a child rapist, then that is the same as them saying Trump is a murderer, and they should be subject to liable suits.
    They can’t have it both ways. They can’t say we are not responsible for what others say, but it is OK if we slant what everyone sees.

20. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6 Fullclip's Life Matters! FLM!!

Homeless? Nah! This is the new chic! Look like those you feel are oppressed.

Sort of reminds me of Tommy Fleetwood on the European tour (golf). Fellow pro David Feherty described him as "a homeless guy that just robbed a Nike store"

GettyImages-977155780.jpg