Is the C&R FFL a Waste of Money Now?

Discussion in 'Military Surplus Forum' started by Steel & Wood, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

I've had my license since 2007 and it seems to me that prices on these guns have pretty much doubled since then. Some, in my opinion, have even tripled inn price!

Are the days of C&R bargains over with?

TGG

2. BuckeyePPC

BuckeyePPC

I had my C&R FFL03 for 12 years. Bought M48 Mausers and Yugo SKS' for $100 each and thousands of rounds of surplus ammo by the cases. I let my license expire because the deals aren't there any more.

3. kenpoprofessor

kenpoprofessor

Yep, let mine expire when the deals went south as well. They're good if you live in a state where it costs money to bring in a gun, but since I've moved to AZ, there was no need for the C&R anymore.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

4. MajorD

MajorD

C&r is still nice to have if you buy old stuff on auction sites and save even a modest $25 for transfer fee once a year the c&r pays for itself. Some companies also with a copy of the c&r will give you dealer prices, still worth it for me even in communist New York where we can not even use the c&r on handguns.

5. Steel & Wood

Yugo SKS' are now $400 and up but if you really wanted one, the C&R FFL is definitely the way to go. When I posed this question originally I wasn't really taking into account the affordable $30 cost for the 3 year license, that's only $10 a year! The local FFL dealer I use charges $10 for transfers, so for me it just makes sense to keep my license and save on gas money. :)

TGG

6. Steel & Wood

Yugo SKS' are now $400 and up but if you really wanted one, the C&R FFL is definitely the way to go. When I posed this question originally I wasn't really taking into account the affordable $30 cost for the 3 year license, that's only $10 a year! The local FFL dealer I use charges $10 for transfers, so for me it just makes sense to keep my license and save on gas money. :)

TGG

7. G23c

G23c

Just got my renewal letter, and I was thinking the same. I'll probably re-up, as the money is back with just one FFL transfer. Plus it is way cool to have stuff show up at the door.

Steel & Wood likes this.
  8. Steel & Wood

Exactly! If your dealer charges you $30 for a transfer and your FFL fee is $30 for 3 years, it's pretty much a no brainer!

Obviously things are a little Pricier now But, in 2007 when I got my C&R FFL, the sky was the limit and I took advantage of it!

TGG

9. Tombstone

Tombstone

I save way more than the $30 just buying things from Brownells. Well worth it to me.