GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there was some unspoken (and perhaps some spoken/written) wondering, or concerns on whether the new 43x and 48 platform would prove out to be as reliable as the tried and true doublestack glocks. Well they've been out a few years now and probably have countless rounds down range.

Are they as tough and reliable as their bigger brothers? Or what say you guys?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd say that (so far) my G48 is right on par with my Gen 4 G19. Hard to tell long term though, as the G43X/G48 hasn't been out long enough. However, for a lot of users who might only put 1,000 rounds/year through a firearm, that there wouldn't be any problems at all.

·
Registered
959 Posts
G48 owner here, so far so good!
Not a hiccup, and its been running steel cased diet, if that matters to you.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why wouldn't they be?
One could surmise this was a pretty major change. They don't have a lot of experience with single stack, or making ANY significant changes for that matter.

My 43x has been solid. Did have a few hiccups with a Shield Arms mag, but hard to fault the platform messing around with after market stuff. Plus, it's got about 10 trouble free cycles through it with no issues so not too worried about that specifically. I'm sure it's solid, just curious what the hive thinks or if there's anything out there good bad or otherwise.

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts
I think there was some unspoken (and perhaps some spoken/written) wondering, or concerns on whether the new 43x and 48 platform would prove out to be as reliable as the tried and true doublestack glocks. Well they've been out a few years now and probably have countless rounds down range.

Are they as tough and reliable as their bigger brothers? Or what say you guys?

YES! ;)

CM
:horse:

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I'm more curious as to how many switched to a '-' connector in their 43x/48? I see no reason they wouldn't be as durable.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The triggers in both of my 43X's are pretty nice so I don't really see a reason to try a minus connector.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They're all made the same way and the materials. The only difference may be the costing between generations.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The 43X & 48 both come with "-" connectors on them.
And there are no other connectors available via Glock OEM. Says 5.5lbs on box and the non-slim line connectors will not fit or work.
As far as the trigger shoe, the grooved one is hard on the finger.
I replaced mine with a smooth OEM shoe. All the same same profiles and widths in all generations.
Made a word of difference.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The 43X & 48 both come with "-" connectors on them.
You are absolutely right. I just broke down one of my 43X's and it has the "-" connector.

I've never been able to tell the difference between a serrated trigger and a smooth trigger. They feel the same to me even after a long range session.

·
1911 lover
10,134 Posts
Single stacks tend to be very very reliable. And its still typical glock stuff inside. So i cant imagine why they would not be as good as anything else.

Only odd ball deal was the g36. I got a very early one and it has been flawless. Some people claim they have had issues. The g36 was the only glock that was new that i wanted very much as soon as I could get one. Love mine.

So the glock standard parts should be just as good as any other.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Mine seem to be holding up rather well after 1500 rounds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts