GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has dawned on me that the .40 vs. 9mm debate is a cultural thing. We need to thank the Lord that we live in a free society and that we can have such debates.

Many of us in out late 40’s abd 50’s came of age when tbe .40 was the rage. You younger folks are coming of age while the 9mm is the rage.

It’s all good. Neither caliber is going anywhere anytime soon. Some day my future Grandchildren, God willing, will say something like: “ Grandad like his .40’s “

In the meantime, carry on, enjoy freedom, enjoy the caliber of your choice and have a nice day.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Another thread? Sure, let’s do it.

I enjoy 45 GAP more than any other caliber and it has a brilliant future still to develop

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thread? Sure, let’s do it.

I enjoy 45 GAP more than any other caliber and it has a brilliant future still to develop
If it works, it works.

Reactions: glock1097

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
460 S&W or go home.

Reactions: G26S239 and 3007

·
Registered
90 Posts
I started with 9mm in the mid 90s. Switched to 40 in the early 2000s. Back to 9mm in 2009 because I wanted to shoot more do to price of ammo and less recoil was a plus. I would trust my life with either round.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I think the availability of better 9mm ammo these days may be a factor in any decline of .40 popularity. Plus, most 9mm pistols will hold more rounds than a .40. Cost of ammo may also be involved. I have been paying $8.49/box of 50 of Remington military overrun which looks identical to that in the UMC or pretty boxes.

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
It has dawned on me that the .40 vs. 9mm debate is a cultural thing. We need to thank the Lord that we live in a free society and that we can have such debates.

Many of us in out late 40’s abd 50’s came of age when tbe .40 was the rage. You younger folks are coming of age while the 9mm is the rage.

It’s all good. Neither caliber is going anywhere anytime soon. Some day my future Grandchildren, God willing, will say something like: “ Grandad like his .40’s “

In the meantime, carry on, enjoy freedom, enjoy the caliber of your choice and have a nice day.
Wait till FBI agents get into a shootout and 4 or 5 of them are gunned down by someone carrying a G22 loaded with new modern ammo! It's not a matter of if but when.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts