Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
one cool dude
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read and watched video's on the .25 trigger job but is it really worth it? is there even a noticeable difference to the trigger pull? is there any dangers of doing it causing the firearm to become unsafe?

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
I have never done it because I dont see the point. After a few hundred rounds of shooting you will accomplish the same thing. Glock triggers aren't that bad from the factory.

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
It's worth it if you do it right, but it's not worth it if you screw it up because it costs a lot more then 25 cents to replace the screwed up parts.

I've done it right, and I think it was worth it. It's so quick and simple to do that I'm disappointed in Glock for not doing it to all of them before they leave the factory.

A couple of guys doing it wrong and making their guns go full auto is all it takes to give an excellent idea a bad name.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
If done right, Yes its worth it and NO a few hundred or a few thousand rounds does not even come close to doing the same thing..

If you lube your gun like you should then there is no friction to pollish anything.

If done wrong, yes it can make your gun unsafe.

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
If done right, Yes its worth it and NO a few hundred or a few thousand rounds does not even come close to doing the same thing..

If you lube your gun like you should then there is no friction to pollish anything.

Then maybe I'll try it some day if I'm bored. I don't use my Glocks for target guns so the factory trigger is fine with me.

P.S. there is always friction, lube just decreases the friction.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I haven't seen any decrease in trigger-pull due to the trigger job. However, the entire trigger-pull is naturally smoother since you've removed the bumps and squiggles where metal rubs on metal. Well worth it unless you enjoy scratchy, bumpy terrible triggers. And it can be unsafe if you end up rounding the corners. Try to leave all 90-degree corners and edges as is, with just a smoothing, polishing of flat surface areas. And leave the sear alone. Best not to mess with it. That's the middle prong of the cruciform, that cross-shaped thing on the end of the trigger-bar. That COULD cause real problems. You can do all of this in 1/2 hour including disassembly and putting it back together. And...it's fun to see how it all works. And...it's very EASY.
S2
S2

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Glock triggers aren't that bad from the factory.
You should have "experienced" the trigger on my new OD G36. It was greater than 8#; wouldn't read on my RCBS trigger-gauge. Felt like pulling a bucket over a bed of gravel.
25-cent job plus a Ghost Ranger drop-in, and is now a very presentable 5# pull.
BTW, my OD G19 was 7 1/2# and scratchy when brand new. I fixed that one also with Ghost Tactical.
S2

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Then maybe I'll try it some day if I'm bored. I don't use my Glocks for target guns so the factory trigger is fine with me.

P.S. there is always friction, lube just decreases the friction.
True so I'll correct it by saying theres not enough friction to pollish anything..lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
i think it is also worth it if you get bored one day, i did it and the trigger pull is more even all the way through til the round fires compared to out of factory. do not feel as if it made it lighter pull.

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
You should have "experienced" the trigger on my new OD G36. It was greater than 8#; wouldn't read on my RCBS trigger-gauge. Felt like pulling a bucket over a bed of gravel.
25-cent job plus a Ghost Ranger drop-in, and is now a very presentable 5# pull.
BTW, my OD G19 was 7 1/2# and scratchy when brand new. I fixed that one also with Ghost Tactical.
S2
The 25cent trigger job has nothing to do with pull weight, just the smoothness.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
if you ever looked at the mating [metal to metal] parts under very little magnification you would be amazed at the ruff and pitted finish where they contact each other. i cant believe the triggers are good as they are out of the box. for as few parts that touch i also can't understand why something isn't done at the factory. many will smooth out over time but i have seen a few get worse.
i think a trigger job is a must for most guns but mandatory for a glock.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Sure it does. Increase drag and you increase pull weight although its very minor.

Decrease drag and it decreases pull weight.

Does nothing to decrease trigger break.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

agreed !

·
Registered
845 Posts
Stamped metal doesn't always come out perfect. My 23 had a very crunching feeling trigger due to burrs in some of the contact pieces. I took the burrs down and polished and now have a very smooth trigger.

Well worth it to me.

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
Sure it does. Increase drag and you increase pull weight although its very minor.

Decrease drag and it decreases pull weight.

Does nothing to decrease trigger break.
I was nit picky so I guess you can be too.:supergrin:

The way I shoot a Glock (at targets/ non defense) is to take up all the slack in the trigger and hold it, do my final aiming, and break it. If I ever was in a SD situation I think how smooth the trigger is would be the least of my worries.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
I was nit picky so I guess you can be too.:supergrin:

The way I shoot a Glock (at targets/ non defense) is to take up all the slack in the trigger and hold it, do my final aiming, and break it. If I ever was in a SD situation I think how smooth the trigger is would be the least of my worries.
Lol, I do the same thing and agree 100%. I was just talking about the initial take up measures with a guage..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did it, like it, don't think it was a "hassle".... just getting up close and personal with my glock, problem? No.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts