close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Sevigny going to be running GSSF matches?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Roland-G23, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

The latest issue of Front Sight says David Sevigny is working with Chris Edwards and Scott Gilbertson for the GSSF Matches. Could this mean more matches, or a reduction in workload for Scott & Chris?

I hope it means more matches!

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I wouldn't count on more matches but David will be helping with GSSF matches. At Anderson he said he would see me at Richmond, VA. How many and which matches he will show at up wasn't a topic of discusion. :)

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I have no personal knowledge and do not work for GSSF; however my personal thoughts are that Mr. Sevigny was not hired by Glock/GSSF for the purpose of running any matches or allow additional matches to be added to the schedule. I feel sure he will be seen at many matches and other places promoting the Glock image. It just doesn't make sense that a shooter of this caliber would be hired to run matches and relieve the match workload from Chris and Scott and the rest of the staff.

Just my .02.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Don, take a deep breath. What does Sharon do? :)

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

;W ;W ;W ;U ;U ;U ;Y ;Y ;Y

6. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Sounds like something a little aimfluid could cure.............

7. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

I probably should have taken the opportunity to ask him myself @ the SC match when DTOM had him cornered. Maybe because I was busy doing the Waynes World meets Alice Cooper "I'm not worthy"...

..does anyone know if David sevigny had a day job before he started working for Glock, or was he shooting as a job?

Jay

8. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

He used to work at Triton according to the recent article about him in Front Sight. And he credits playing hockey to his success shooting.

I would have to read the article again to get the rest of the information.

9. Fernando Coelho

Fernando Coelho

Dave used to work at a tool & die shop in CT full time when Triton first brought him onboard the shooting team. At that time Dave was fitting in range time and matches after work and on weekends. Later on he went to work for Triton full time as production manager. While some may think that gave him lots of trigger time, the opposite was true. He spent more time at the Triton factory and on the road getting to/from work than the previous job. At that time he was going to matches will very little practice time. There was quite a few times where we would be cranking out Hi-Master ammo for him on a Friday afternoon for a Saturday match. Now he is working full time at Glock with their GSSF staff.

I have had the pleasure of watching Dave go from a new shooter in the action shooting sports to one of the best shooters in the world. He is also a very humble guy that is willing to help out other shooters.

Oh, one thing I always had fun telling him after he would win a match: “it’s not the shooter, it’s the ammo!” ;f

I wish him the very best.