Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just recently purchased my first Glock. As I was inspecting it, I noticed an area that looked uneven/maybe even chipped on the left corner. ( I circled the area in red)

I am unsure if it’s a defect or not. Should this be a cause for concern or is this typical for the inside of the frame?
Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Attachments

·
bene vivere
2,441 Posts
Congrats! You have one of Glock’s greatest. I love my 26 Gen 5. Enjoy and welcome to Glock Talk. :waving:
Gun Firearm Red Trigger White

Reactions: Stillhuntn

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nope. That’s where the serial number tag is molded into the frame.
Flip it over to see.
The recoil spring assembly functions over the area you indicated in the picture. The area indicated will NOT interfere with function. As others have said - you're good to go. Enjoy your new pistol!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just inherited my brothers G26g3. I shot it about 6 years ago when he bought it. I remember 100 flawless rounds. Cleaned it up and put it away until I received it yesterday, just as I left it. Happy to have a G26 again as I gave my first one to my daughter for here CCW gift and my other G26 was taken in a home robbery. All my Glocks are gen 3's.
G26's are a right of passage for Glock owners.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,826 Posts
Don't listen to everyone else they didn't see what I saw. If you fire that pistol it is going to go off like a nuclear bomb in your hand! Send it to me for proper disposal. Only I am qualified to dispose of it with that defect. Nah, obviously, just kidding. Looks fine and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Now that you know it's not "defective" take some time to learn more about your weapon, how to field strip it, "weapons familiarization", etc. You need to know this stuff as a gun owner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now that you know it's not "defective" take some time to learn more about your weapon, how to field strip it, "weapons familiarization", etc. You need to know this stuff as a gun owner
Thanks Blanton. When I first purchased it two weeks ago, I ordered some snap caps to practice loading. I got the opportunity to take it to the range and cleaned/oiled (Regular field strip) it for the first time Saturday. Also, took a safety course beforehand.
I noticed the area I was concerned about once I got home to clean it after range practice. Don’t know many Glock owners, so I’m learning a lot from Glock forums and seemingly credible YouTubers.
Thank you for all of your help! Looking forward to adding more Glocks to my collection in the future. First range experience with it was amazing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts