close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is my G19 gen 4 a "lemon"?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ace4059, Oct 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ace4059

ace4059

When I can shoot WWB 115 gr or WWB 124 gr NATO in my Keltec PF9, Glock Gen 3 G17, Colt Pocket 9, Beretta 92FS, Hi-Point 9mm, and Springfield XDM 3.8" Compact with no malfunctions, BUT my new Gen 4 G19 won't function with this ammo then I would say it has to be the gun and not the ammo or op.

If I have to fire +P+ to make it function properly then I don't want it! Who has the $ to burn on $1+/round for practice ammo! I like to shoot my guns and feel they should function with almost any type ammo and any type grip, even limp wristed or one handed. In a self defense scenario, especially if you are wounded u r not going to be able to take an ideal stance and grip to return fire. I want a gun that will shoot anything u put thru it from any grip or stance. I can't make my Springfield or other 5 glocks (gen2 and gen3) malfunction even when I try. I even shoot Monarch Steel thru them!

2. whenmonkeysfly

whenmonkeysfly CLM

+1 for us reloaders! Making fine ammunition one cartridge at a time. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010

3. ace4059

ace4059

Ok, I got the official word back from Glock today.
    Glock is building me a completely new gun and is going to be sending it to me. They tried replacing every part and could not get the gun to function correctly so they are just going to give me a new one. I'm glad to see Glock making this right.
    Fred at Glock does not know when I will be receiving my new gun, because they can not just ship me a new one from the States, They are having to make me one with the same serial number in Austria, so it will be a little while before I get it in the mail. Plus from what I understand, they no longer have night sights on the guns from Glock, so Ill have to see how they replace those, since my gun had night sights.

I'm Glad to finally get this cleared up and I am glad Glock made this right. Ill let everyone know When I get my new gun and how it works. I am planning on my new Gen4 working just like my 5 other Glocks'. Flawlessly.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  4. THE_PUNISHER

THE_PUNISHER

Thanks for the update!

5. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Thanks for the update! I figured one of the parts was likely out-of-spec, but it sounds like the frame itself may have been out-of-spec, likely in the area that the trigger housing seats into.

Strange that they told you they have to ship in a new gun from Austria with your serial number(with a 1 added at the end likely), if they're replacing the whole gun they could just pull one off the shelf or wait for the next shipment. Usually when they replace only the frame, they have a new frame made in Austria with your old serial number + a 1 at the end and put your old slide assembly on that frame.

6. fmfdocglock

fmfdocglock

Glad you are getting a new gun.

Congrats in advance, hopefully it work out OK.

7. ace4059

ace4059

I called Glock today to see if anything new has came up about my gun. I did not get to talk to Fred, I talked to another tech guy there. I asked about the Gun and serial number. He said I am getting a new gun from Austria, but it will have a new serial number. So It will be a different serial number, but the reason it is taking soooooo long is because all the new Gen 4 G19's will have the 04 spring. He said they are waiting for more 04 springs. Im not sure why they cant send me one that is already made, but I guess if they sent me a gun that is already here in the states, then it would have the old 03 spring, and I would have to wait for them to send me a new spring anyways. I did send back the "prototype" 04 spring back with the gun. Ill let everyone now when I get my new gun.

8. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

Glad Glock Inc. is working for you.
    Even they admit to a problem when a few posters here deny any problems.
    :supergrin::supergrin:

9. Chipotle

Chipotle

Congrats in advance. Very happy for you.

Let us know when you receive the replacement. It will be useful to others to know the full timeline in getting Glock to replace a pistol.

10. ace4059

ace4059

OP here,
    I received my new G19 Gen4 in the mail on Christmas Eve. I took it out and shot it twice now. I shot 100 rds of WWB through it the first range trip and about 200 or so rounds mixed of Monarch, Blazer, WWB, Winchester Nato, and A few of Hornady critical defense. This gun is amazing. It feeds Steel, Aluminum, and brass just like my other Glocks, Flawlessly. I am glad to finally get this gun back. It is completely a new gun. Glock couldnt fix the problem with my old one.

With my old gun I dod not think it had to do with the spring, or ammo. I think it was a lemon and had a design flaw or something was out of spec on it. Remember the photo of the barrel wear? After a few hundred rds with the old gun, the finish was badly worn. With a little over 300 rds through my new gun the barrel has minimal wear. Remember the photos of my targets with the old gun? Remember how it was fairly unaccurate? Well, my new gun is accurate just like my other glocks.

As far as glocks customer service, I am glad they stood behind their defective product and replaced it. I am still not sure why it took so long. When I called several times, I got different responses from different techs. One tech said it was taking so long because they had to make me a gun with the same serial number on it, another tech said no that's not the case, they were going to give me a new gun with a new serial number. A week later, when I called to check on it, they said they were sending out the new guns with 04 springs, and they had to wait for them to be made, so I would not receive my gun until they got in the new 04 springs. My gun came with an 03 spring. When Glock got my gun in at Georgia, they asked if Trijicon Night sights were ok, since my original one had Glock night sights. I said yes, but I guess they found a set of Glock night sights and they installed them for me. Besides just being a little slow, I am happy with their customer service.

My old SN# was PWP-***
    My New SN# is PYY-***

So out of 300+rds I have had zero failure to feed, zero failure to fire, zero failure to eject. I have noticed this gun doesn't eject the casing as strongly as my G17 gen 3. The only problem I have had is 2 brass casing to hit me in the face. But that isnt anything compared to the problems I had before with the old gun.

New Glock
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock2.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock3.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/rhino4x4/New Glock G19/NewGlock3.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  11. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Glad to hear it turned out good for you. Mine's been flawless. Any manufacturer can turn out guns that just don't work right from the get go. It's all in how they handle it that counts.

12. ace4059

ace4059

Here is a accuracy of the gun

7 yds bench rest 5 rds (top hole is 2 rds)
    7 yds free hand 16 rds
    15 yds free hand rapid fire of 16 rds

Attached Files:

13. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

glad to hear it all worked out for you. i guess now we can rule out shooter error and ammo selection like all those who are quick to blame you first and still deny a problem with a glock later. waiting for them to chime in here...

14. Apprentice

Apprentice

This is awesome news Ace! Good on ya. Total Gen 4 fan here, with 11K rds through four of them with not a stoppage yet. But our most heavily used guns don't have the wear on the barrel hood yet that yours developed quickly. To my eyes, that was the dead giveaway that your gun had something wrong; probably nothing to do with the recoil spring unit or the inherent design. QC of some component seems the more likely cause to me.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  15. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Phew! that was an ordeal you went through with the Glock and Glock Inc. I am happy to hear that everything is Aok now.:cool:

16. jack76590

jack76590

Sorry I missed it, if you addressed, but did glock pay the postage for trip to factory?

17. ace4059

ace4059

I'm sorry, I don't remember if I did address it. This thread has been so drawn out, so I will address it here. Yes Glock did pay for postage to and from their Factory. They also paid for the postage when they sent me the prototype spring back in August or October or whenever it was. I was not out any money on shipping.

18. Doc8404

Doc8404 Master Chief

I hope like heck i don't have to do that!

19. Doc8404

Doc8404 Master Chief

I have that wear mark, very pronounced, after about 300 rounds... :dunno:
    my first whiney post
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1301476

20. MrFuzzybunny

MrFuzzybunny Less is more!

You know this is really impossible!
    Unless you change every spring, it's not suppose to work at all.