Is Microsoft playing games with Firefox access to their site?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ERASER, Aug 12, 2007.

1. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Or is it just my computer?

My homepage is www.msn.com. I use Hotmail for my email. A few weeks ago, I notice that my hotmail account no longer listed the number of items in my Deleted and Junk sections in the left column. Well, of course they work fine when I use I.E. I figured I probably misconfigured Firefox or deleted a cookie or something. No big deal.
    Today, I noticed that if I want to click a link on my homepage, each link needs to be clicked on twice when I use Firefox ---but not when I use I.E. The weird part is that I can click once on a link then click another link, then another. None of them work until they are clicked a second time. I can go back to the first link that I clicked and it will work if I click it the second time --- even though I clicked two other links in between the first and second click on the first link.

I know....no big deal. It just seems odd that this only happens on the two Microsoft pages that I use.

2. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

If it ain't IE expect functionality issues. Nothing new for Microsoft to break Netscape or any other browser's function when checking their sites or hotmail.

:shocked: :sad: :rant: :burn:

3. malkore

malkore

yeah, I bet they changed their coding to be 'optimized' for IE. there's lots of things that you can hack to only work in IE. usually you leave holes in IE and it 'figures it out' while Firefox makes no assumptions and renders the web page 'as is'.

4. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Good God, man, what did you do to feel that you deserve such self-abuse? :shocked:

5. JMag

JMag

Any entity that discriminates against any mainstream web browser these days needs a good smacking...