close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Kahr PM9 one and a half action like a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by b8es_, Jan 6, 2006.

1. b8es_

b8es_

I am looking at getting a PM9. Is the striker spring half cocked on the PM9 like on a Glock where the pull of the trigger finishes compressing it? Sorry if my lingo or wording is incorrect, I hope it makes sense. I dont know why, and I know it is unreasonable, but I would be worried about the striker spring being completely compressed for possibly months on end.

Thanks!

2. sx-al

sx-al Go Canes! CLM

Don't worry about it. My MK40 is 5yrs old and works great. I put in a wolff reduced rate only to screw around with my pull.

The Kahr varies from the Glock in that the striker gets actuated by a cam, not a bar. My guess is that yes it remains under tension, because the travel on the cam is not much.

Note I am just shooting you my "opinion". Karh cust service would be super happy to try and make you one of us ;b .

If you need a pic all you have to do is ask!

3. b8es_

b8es_

Excellent, thanks for the info. Pictures would be fantastic if you dont mind! I have never handled a Kahr before, but the smaller ones seem like the grip would be very close to a G36(the single stack 45), is that about right? I really like the G36, but it is a tiny bit too big for my pockets. I found a dealer locally that can order a new PM9 with black slide for $519, I think that is a fair deal???

4. sx-al

sx-al Go Canes! CLM

I can't say for sure about it v. G36 in grip.

Here is my attempt at photography.

Try to get your hands on an steel Kahr. You just may like it.

5. sx-al

sx-al Go Canes! CLM

6. b8es_

b8es_

Thanks for the pictures, I really like those grips. I would like to have a steel frame, but I am going for the lightest and smallest possible so I can carry it in my front pocket. I found this in an article posted on Kahr:

" In much the same manner as the trend-setting GLOCK pistol, the Kahr striker is partially cocked or loaded when the slide cycles."

I just got back from the shop and ordered an all black PM9 with night sites for $599, it should be in next week. I'll post back with my shooting impressions.

Thanks again for the photos, they look to be quality guns.

7. Jercdevil

Jercdevil

Owned mine for about a month now and love it. 500 rnds and not one malfuction. I paid $589.00 for the DLC with Night sights.
    [​IMG];f

8. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

As was stated earlier, don't worry about the tension on the set striker over time. The trigger pull finishes the tension and releases it. It hasn't been an issue at all on my PM9, or any of my Glocks. Every couple of years I have a local gunsmith go through my guns just to check tolerances, tensions, etc anyway. No issues as of yet.

9. Ken6PPC

Ken6PPC

I have a PM9, and I was considering a G36. The G36 has a LOT bigger grip than the PM9. As for overall SIZE, the PM9 is smaller, but not nearly as much difference in the overall size as in the grips.

This advice is worth at least as much as you paid for it..... ;b

...Ken

10. sx-al

sx-al Go Canes! CLM

No sweat. Just remember me when you get your class 3 and buy an MP5 or an FN 249. ;f