Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may regret asking this question :wow:

However what do you think..? I decided some time ago that I really wanted to pick up a gen4 g23.

Went to my local "fun"store who I basically buy everything from, and I asked them to get one for me (they were out of stock). Its been 2-3 weeks already and they havent gotten one in...

I come to find out that another place about 30 mins away has a bunch in stock and they are ready to rock and roll.......

I feel bad since I have been ultra loyal to my ffl, but I just dont want to keep waiting since I dont know if one is coming in "tomorrow" or in "6 weeks".....

Is it really so bad to go to the other place to pick it up?:dunno:

·
Here too much
2,531 Posts
No.

If you were to order a pistol, than wait a couple of months to go pick it up, do you think they would hold it for YOU that long? Or move the product while thay had the opportunity?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Maybe you can find one on the internet and have it transfered to your FFL. If you get a good enough deal, you could save a little money and give your FFL some business at the same time.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just buy the Glock. Your dealer can't be expected to stock everything and you haave the right to buy from someone who has what you want.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I buy just about everything from the same place, but I still research the price of the gun first. I will also be getting something transferred at another FFL soon because my usual shop wants way more $ than I can get it done for at other shops.
I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys... You've convinced me that its not a big deal...

Plus, they'll get my business in the future without question. :thumbsup:

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
I say the same thing, business is business. But it also depends on your relationship with the shop. My local shop takes GREAT care of me, I get all kinds perks by going to my local shop so Im my situation I would wait and patronize the shop that goes out of their way for me. So it just depends on your situation.

-Will

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe that since you asked your local "fun" store to get one for you, that you should give them a courtesy call and tell them of your plans. They will understand.
You know that the day you buy the gun from the other store that your local store is going to call to tell you that your gun has arrived. A simple phone call keeps everyone on good terms.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,520 Posts
I believe that since you asked your local "fun" store to get one for you, that you should give them a courtesy call and tell them of your plans. They will understand.
You know that the day you buy the gun from the other store that your local store is going to call to tell you that your gun has arrived. A simple phone call keeps everyone on good terms.
This.

·
Bad guy
1,717 Posts
hell i work a my families gun shop and we could not get a gun and i wentt to another ffl:supergrin:
I may regret asking this question :wow:

However what do you think..? I decided some time ago that I really wanted to pick up a gen4 g23.

Went to my local "fun"store who I basically buy everything from, and I asked them to get one for me (they were out of stock). Its been 2-3 weeks already and they havent gotten one in...

I come to find out that another place about 30 mins away has a bunch in stock and they are ready to rock and roll.......

I feel bad since I have been ultra loyal to my ffl, but I just dont want to keep waiting since I dont know if one is coming in "tomorrow" or in "6 weeks".....

Is it really so bad to go to the other place to pick it up?:dunno:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are correct. I called them this morning. Then I went on to get it :supergrin:

Its in the car now! :cool:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hell i work a my families gun shop and we could not get a gun and i wentt to another ffl:supergrin:
Now THAT says all! :supergrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts