close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is It Wrong To Love Adele?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28

I admit. I love Adele.

In the past, I would not even pay attention to her songs on the radio, but, dammit, when I began to lately, I can see why people think she's awesome.

She may have one of the best voices that I have ever heard.

I wouldn't have guessed that I would like a pop singer.

2. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

She is a great singer and songwriter. So no, it is fine to love her.

Just a singer and her piano player. No glitz, no backup singers, no half naked dancers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemWRToNYJY"]Adele performing Someone Like You | BRIT Awards 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

3. Sgt. Rambo

Sgt. Rambo

Her voice is great, great music, but all her songs are about me!!! I can't listen too them...LOL Had an experience where someone dedicated a lot of her songs to me... Not good..

4. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Count me in. I really like her voice. Reminds me of some of the old jazz greats.

5. jbutenhoff

jbutenhoff

Don't worry, you are allowed to like any music you want to!

Those that knock others preferences are all morons :)

I agree though, she is great! Therefore I am not a moron...

6. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

I wouldn't call Adele a pop singer. Britney and Nicky BJ ... oops Menaj are pop. Adele is actually talented :)

I love British singers like Adele and the late and great Amy Winehouse. They aren't as obsessed with ratings and commercialized as American artists.

7. Hyksos

Hyksos

I don't like her. Her stuff is way overplayed and you can only hear a song about a girl being dumped so many times before it gets old a-la Taylor Swift.

Plus it's all BS IMO. When Adele was making all that music and stuff, she was apparently also getting pregnant. So sorry for you Adele that you have all this heartbreak in your life, but I see it didn't hurt you enough to stop you from having another man's kid.

8. m51

m51

Very strong voice, so far I like everything I hear from her..

9. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Wow. Judgmental much?

10. Hyksos

Hyksos

I'm allowed to have an opinion. I actually think she has a powerful voice, and she can sing well at times. I am however tired of the ad nauseum playing of I'LL SET FIIRREEE TO THE RAIN, or RUMOR HAS IT RUMOR HAS IT. Everywhere you go, it's all you hear. Also, as I said before, I think it's all BS given her real-life circumstances.

11. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

For my tastes', Adele seems way too melancholy and about living in the past, or trying to go through life always looking back. You can do that if you want, but it may not work out so well. Just my opinion, ymmv

For any Christians on GT, if you're looking for a singer/songwriter that can skillfully decode life as well as practical Christian living based on the Holy Bible, give a listen to Nicole Nordeman's stuff. If you appreciate great lyrics from a position of humility more so than production, glitz, and effects, you'll probably be impressed.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  12. kmac76

kmac76

I am on board... Her voice is awesome/powerful and she has a cool "old soul" feel to her style.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. txgunguy

txgunguy

I wouldn't play it at the station. Maybe you can and tell me how it goes? :)

But seriously, I don't like her. Way too whiny and depressing for me.

14. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

That's like saying Jamie Foxx is a bad actor because he played a mentally ill musical prodigy, but he's wealthy in real life so it's all BS. Just because someone says something in a song, or in a movie, doesn't mean it reflects their personal life in any meaningful way. Yes, her music is in heavy rotation. Listen to a different station?

15. BEER

BEER bad example

16. Hyksos

Hyksos

I can't change the music at Chipotle, or the doctor's office, or walmart, or chik fil a, or publix, or any other restaurant for that matter.

Secondly, usually you are right about someone's work not reflecting who they are. Actors/Rappers are not held to reflect their characters/lyrics in real life. However, I think it's different in this case. She got famous because she was the Chubby English girl that got dumped. All her music is associated with that, it's why she won all those awards, and it's her entire persona. But, it's all BS. That's all I have to say on this issue.

17. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Not wrong to love her at all. while I don't love her music, I think she is extremely talented. And Brittney Spears and that plastic looking thing Nikki Menaj do not belong in the same sentence IMHO. I admit that is judgmental, and I try not to be and I find myself an extremely tolerant and accepting person, but I just I can't accept Nikki Menaj as an artist. I respect her as someone who made and continues to make money in an industry where that is extremely difficult though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

But not only has she been dumped, she is stalking the guy that dumped her. Stalking is just freaky to be singing about.

Other than that, her almost haunting-like voice is beautiful and I love the way she controls the feel of the song.

Her ex should have booted her long before and put a restraining order on that wacked out woman, though!!

If every other sentence here contradicts the other, there is a reason for that love/hate for Adele. She is great, but weird, all at the same time.

Rod

19. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

I have heard the name, but wasn't sure who she was. I didn't know that Rumor Has It was her. That's kind of a cool song.

But then again I get all my new music from car and beer commercials.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irNtyaNHq5A&feature=relmfu"]Clairy Browne & the Bangin' Rackettes - Love Letter (official music video) - YouTube[/ame]

20. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

She has a great voice and style, but I'm tired of most of her songs. They are overplayed. I hope for something new, soon.