close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is it me, the weather or the gun needing sighted in?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kobel1up, Feb 11, 2010.

1. kobel1up

kobel1up

Hi everyone, I need some input on my new G23. Let me say first I did search the topic on this first and couldn't find enough info to make me happy. I had a G23 that shot soo good that I never should have let it get away from me. I sold it the got Glock sellers remorse and bought another G23 in ODGreen. Pretty cool. I cleaned the gun first then took it to a friends to put a couple of rounds through it. Now it is 22 degrees with a wind chill of 18. I was using blazer brass 180gr fmj and I couldn't keep a very good pattern at 25 feet. Now I was shooting a bucket because we didn't want to dig out all of our targets. Please let me know what you think, do I need to sight it in or should take it to an indoor range and then make my decision? I am thinking range.:supergrin:

2. Dingus

Dingus

Are you joking? Of course it's you and the adverse weather conditions.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Yup, shoot it some more, and concentrate on your trigger control.....get some dummy rounds to do ball and dummy drills with too.

4. MURRAY

MURRAY Millennium Member

also let someone else shoot it

5. CC Glock

CC Glock

i wouldnt of hit the pucket i would of been so cold.:rofl:

6. kobel1up

kobel1up

Just wanted to know cause I didn't want to have a glock that isn't as great as my last. It was just a great gun and just hope this one is as great.

7. crazyrec12

crazyrec12 cornbread

I'm pretty sure all glocks are created equally perfect.. give yourself a little more time with it and work on your trigger pull I'd look at buying some snapcaps too, they helped me out.

8. kobel1up

kobel1up

I never used snapcaps, I may have to look into them.

9. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

One of our local instructors is running a class titled: YSINTG

You
    Suck
    It's
    Not
    The
    Gun

Great class! I knew I didn't suck, but I took the class anyway just to work on some basics. Find a level I class near you and get some instruction, even if they don't offer a clever name like my guy does.

10. rtn

rtn

+1

Ball and Dummy drills will expose the flinch and force you to concentrate. IMO, this is the BEST way gain and perfect trigger control.

11. rtn

rtn

12. user

user VaLegalDefense

Their quality control only extends to shooting three shots into a paper target at a specific distance in order to prove that the gun shoots "groups" within a specific degree of proximity. They do not sight in the guns. That's something that needs doing on every Glock and Sig sold, as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, it's never "you". You need to make the gun match how you shoot, that's the only way to be accurate in a natural way. Trying to remember how the gun shoots and to train yourself to conform to that gun is a waste of time and effort, especially if you've got more than one gun. Beg, borrow, or steal a sight adjustment tool that fits your gun, go to the range and using the benchrest position (not a vise or some other artifically "correct" construct) adjust the sights so that the point of impact matches YOUR point of aim. How anyone else might shoot that gun is irrelevant.

13. kobel1up

kobel1up

It seems that everyone approaches shooting differantly. My last g23 would keep a group about one and a half inches at 20feet. That was 13rnds. Never should have let it go, now I am compairing this one to the last. I know that I should have shot it at an indoor shooting range in order to really judge the gun. Pluse I hadn't shot a gun since late fall. I now have several thing's that I can use to make my gun work for me and get better trained shooting.