Is it like this everywhere?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by rj1939, May 16, 2020.

1. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

I don't shop at Wally World, but things are definitely improving here at Super Target.

TP and paper towels are back in stock. The aisles aren't full, but as of a few days ago, they were about 50% full.

Bread, milk, and eggs were all wiped out last month. Now, the shelves are back to normal.

Canned goods are still a little sparse, but selection is improving.

Hand sanitizer is hit or miss. Good supply a couple weeks ago, but a few days ago there was none.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  2. I am Groot!

I am Groot!

Thanks for your report Rj1939. Nothing to do with me.
    Letting off steam I guess.
    If so, my sympathy to you.

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Vegan food and all organic cleaning supplies are plentiful though.

Tvov likes this.
  4. Ross-in-Pa

Ross-in-Pa Western Pa

I have a broody hen sitting on 12 eggs. I'm hoping to get 5 or 6 good pullets out of this group.

I'd like to hatch another batch in a month or so, if I have another willing broody.

FullClip likes this.
  5. Bradley T

Bradley T

We have eggs, but no biscuits! Clorox Bleach is available again, but forget about hand sanitizer or isopropyl alcohol.

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I only go to town, Wal Mart, about once in three weeks, so I've been to WM just 2 times since this this craziness started.

Other than TP and tissues being scarce in the past, and not a lot of people there, and about half of the people wearing masks, things are pretty normal.

There is something I found on the computer that's cool as heck.
    At the Wal Mart web site you can type in whatever you are looking for and it will not only tell you if it is in stock, but even what row it's in.
    I can see this added to my shopping list, saving me a lot of wandering around the store.

7. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

Could not pay me to walk into a Walmart.

Mr Meeseeks, flyover and rock_castle like this.
  8. rock_castle

rock_castle All Lives Matter

I stopped shopping at Walmart when they hired anti-2A lobbyists. I went to Kroger yesterday and their shelves including TP were full.

flyover and FullClip like this.
  9. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Our governor just told everyone we need to be using hand sanitizer and wipes everything with alcohol.

I want to ask him when was the last time he actually went shopping.

A manager at a local grocery chain said we will not see alcohol for a while because manufacturers can’t keep up with demands by hospitals and government. We peasants are bottom of the list.

FullClip likes this.
  10. DannyB

DannyB

If any place ought to be out of everything it is here in NE TX, which they were at the height of the craziness. I guess the hoarders haven't needed much in a while and the store is mostly back to normal.

I really try to stay out of there as much as possible. I was that way before.

At the earliest of this crap I just looked into my crystal ball at history. I'm probably 300+ miles north of Galveston. However, if Galveston is expecting a Hurricane our locals empty the shelves of toilet paper and water. I guess too much water gives them diarrhea and then they need extra TP. :) The same thing happens if we have snow predicted. Its nuts!!

Anyway, my crystal ball told me to get a little extra TP and other goods. I didn't go crazy. I just know what happens around here.

11. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Paper aisle is still empty at Publix.

How much hoarding is enough?

12. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I haven't walked into a Wal-Mart since February-ish. I now do the curbside ordering online. I back the car up, hit a button, the back gate opens, I check-in, they load the groceries and I leave. Easy peasy.

FullClip likes this.
  13. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I haven't been to Wally World since this whole thing started. I go to a small grocery store and it's been pretty well stocked. Only thing that is bothersome is how some people are giving everyone else the stink-eye like they can see the germs leaping off of people. There are gonna' be a lot of mental cases when things get back to normal.

barryinpa, George Kaplan and flyover like this.
  14. Tvov

Tvov

My local Walmart has been crappy for the last 5 years. I was in there last week and it seemed about normal, but I didn't look in the food aisles or if they had toilet paper.

Went shopping at my local grocery store today, though. They seemed much better stocked, even had TP for the first time in awhile.

Meat! The meat section was full! Then, I looked closer.... close to 3/4 of the packages were various types of turkey, especially ground turkey. The meat they had actually looked pretty good, and the prices didn't seem high.

Bacon! They had bacon - $8 a package!!! Normally around $5, almost always some brand on sale for $3 or 4. That is a big price jump.

Chicken seemed about normal.

15. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

I just got back from Walmart. They shelves were full of toilet paper like before all the hoarding. The only shortage now is hand sanitizer. Everything else is normal.

16. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Fifteen miles north of Tucson (Oro Valley) Bashas and Safeway are well stocked. Seems the "panic" has peaked. Only go to Wally for prescriptions. Everything seems O.K. Rock-on. :cheers:

17. TeaDub

TeaDub

Almost normal here. Meats can be hit or miss but mostly in stock. TP, napkins even Lysol spray and rubbing alcohol were on the shelves (limited to two of each).

ETA: Still no hand sanitizer or wipes.

18. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Picked up TP today at Sam’s Club. Meat cases are packed to the gills. No problems here at all.

19. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

When Wal Mart turned their back on the 2nd Amendment, I turned my back on them. You have to plan ahead so you don’t get caught in a situation where the stores you go to are closed but we should be doing that already.

Mr Meeseeks and George Kaplan like this.
  20. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

I have seen no shortage of meat for the last month...

our closest Kroger still never has any toilet paper, but target, a couple miles further down the road does. Can't buy bread flour anywhere, but everything else seems to be well stocked.