Is it just me ?!?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cadillacguns, Oct 18, 2018.

1. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Many a new, newer, newish Glock out there now, 19X, G-45, Summer specials, Gen 5's, and don't get me wrong I like them all, and would like to have them all.
    However, an old gen 2.5 G-27, a gen 2 G-23, and a gen 3 G-22, all do it for me, they fit me, are as accurate as I can get, with a cartridge (.40) I can trust.

Why change to a new set up and or cartridge?
    Has anyone here gotten rid of their old Glock(s) for new ones, because they are new, look better, or fit you better?

As I have said, I like them all, and wish I could own them all, but will keep what works, for now.

2. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I had a gen 5 G19. I went back to my G23. Just can’t seem to switch.
    I enjoy shooting 40 more than 9mm.

glock1097 and Fourth Horseman like this.

3. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Variety is the spice of life!

curtmini14 likes this.
  4. John Biltz

John Biltz

Have not seen anything new that would make me retire my Gen 2 and Gen 3s. I have bought a couple of G42s. I'm not a guy who has to have the latest and newest. Maybe I'm just old.

AZVET, snowbird.40, FYRELT and 3 others like this.
  5. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Sometimes it seems like some people have so many Glocks that they have trouble spending money fast enough, IMHO. Spoken with great jealousy.

6. quasii

quasii

I've always thought the gen 2.5 and 3 series "got it right" from overall build, fit and finish.
    The captive recoil spring assembly is the only noteworthy upgrade in the 4-5 gens which can be applied to the older models.

Unless gen 3s don't fit your grip, or you're left-handed... You can't go wrong choosing a gen 3.

FYRELT, Hermanator, Krugerand and 2 others like this.
  7. seebee62

seebee62

I’ve been thinking about trading in my Gen 4 19 for a G45. I like the 19 slide full frame configuration and no finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iLift45's likes this.
  8. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I'm with You Caddy, I like my Gen2's and Gen3's.
    I recently traded a Gen3 G-21 for a Gen4 G-41, because the frame is narrower, and does not hurt me like the G-21 did.
    That is the only Gen4 that I have. My Gen2's & 3's have served me will, and will continue to do so Till I Have Fired My Last Round.
    I have started giving my Kids some of my Glocks, and it has Tickled all of them. By Culling through them now and deciding who will get what, it will make it a lot easier on my wife.
    I have made a list of all my Guns and who gets what, Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns. Some of them have been the Family for a long time, and I am in the process of telling the story or history of them. So they will know.

kenzo and quasii like this.
  9. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Get what you like and can afford. Absolutely nothing wrong with gen3 and gen4.

10. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

I like them all. :)

I don't like the higher prices of some new models though.

Lawdog3 likes this.
  11. Scott1970

Scott1970

I've had a variety of them over the years, because used ones are plentiful and dirt cheap in police circles. I would always sell them off, because they never did it for me. I never understood the passion some officers had about Glocks, but to each their own.

Then the Gen 5 hit the market, and Glock fever finally bit. I've owned a mess of Gen 2s, 3s, and 4s and happily sold them off. I'm keeping my Gen 5 guns. I even carry one on duty.

12. MajorD

MajorD

My current glocks are a gen 2 19, gen 3 26 and a 42. For me they do everything I need a Glock to do. I have considered a 19x, but other than having a rail for a light won’t do anything my 19 already does. I have also consider some 45acp ( not owner or even fired one ) just to be able to shoot heavy metal or major sub. If I have a stellar day ( and everyone else doesn’t!) and manage to win one a certificate at a gssf match or luck out with a random, I doubt I would buy any more.

13. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

I’ve downsized, but what I have left fits, works and performs 100%.

(3) Gen3 17’s (3) Gen 26’s and (1) 30s. All have the exact setup with trigger pulls, sights and grip coverings.

I’m not a collector, nor the need, but a shooter that did compete with production( carry gun ready) handguns.

I could lose the 30s as it is the only one without a specific duty.

Glocks’ recent releases have not impressed me as better mousetraps for my purpose, and with its new Marksman Barrel a step backward.

I will investigate new models as they materialize, and have found improvements on safety plungers and brass ejection a plus but not at the expense of shorter throats and tighter dimensions.

Looking forward to more generations and model releases for the future.

14. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

So far I like my g45. Shooting double taps at 10yrds

20181005_150020.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    GlockyQ, Deadduck357 and Scott1970 like this.
  15. Catshooter

Catshooter

caddilacguns,

I agree with you. A 22, 23 and a 27 cover the bases for me too. I've got more than just those, but the Glock 40s are just too versatile. I've got mine set up for 9, .357 and the GAP, but depend on the .40 for primarily gettin' it done. The other calibers are there just because.

I can cast & reload for all of 'em.

The new Glocks are interesting to me. And I appreciate the small (but significant) technical improvements in the newer models. I've incorporated the trigger return changes into all of my Glocks. But the changes aren't enough to make me buy the newer models.

Even though I've been a .45 caliber guy for a long time, the .40 has really won me over. I bought a 23 when they first came out (for $249.99) and have always appreciated them.

Some things just fit!

Cat

16. TeaDub

TeaDub

For many years I owned two Glocks. A Gen 2 and a 2.5. I gave the G17.2 to my son and a few years ago traded the G27.2.5 for a Gen 4. Gen 4 is what I will stay with. They fit my hands better and I prefer the controls. I have no interest in the Gen5s.

What I have works well. I expect they will outlast me.

17. Pygmalian

Pygmalian

I have 2 Glocks, 21SF Gen 3 and a G-19 Gen 4, wishing I would have waited for the Gen5 in the G-19. The gun show is coming to town soon and I think I'm leaning toward a Colt 1911 for my next purchase. I have a lot of handguns and carried the 1911 in the military during the Viet Nam war and liked it, kind of surprised I didn't pick one up over the years. Then again, once one gets inside of a gun show anything is up for grabs. Still wish I had the option to have purchased my G-22 Gen2 when I retired from law enforcement. When they were issued I remember hating the fact that we had to carry Glocks and my mind was changed immediately, it was a sweet shooter.

1L26 likes this.
  18. Lawdog3

Lawdog3 " Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"

Your said it, I like them all as well.

MikeG36 and Current Resident like this.
  19. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

i have ignored the new stuff coming out but I think I’ve commitee to trading my gen 4 g17 for something new. They’ve finally grown on me.

20. Current Resident

Current Resident

Interesting to see on the local gun forum here the prices of gen 2 and 3s sink. As if they arent up to the task.
    I like them all and fond of what I have.