Is it just me or is the USPS Falling apart

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 6Actual, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I've had good luck with them. I just got something delivered first-class that actually showed up today in my mail box a few days early. And it was in good shape, and not damaged. Also got my new debit card, also not damaged.

Go figure.

The USPS near me is hiring for routes. I've been seriously considering going to work for them. The pay seems good. It's only a town of 8,000 though, so probably not much to screw up.

The last place I lived in, my mail box was constantly full of junk mail. Glad to be rid of that.

jimcorbin likes this.
  2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley — were the recipients of 63 percent of the Fed’s average daily borrowing, representing about a half-trillion dollars at peak periods just for those firms. This is from the 2008 collapse and bailouts.

3. ItnStln

ItnStln

That's the point I'm trying to make, I know remote areas that are served by FedEx and UPS but to use USPS one must go to the post office as they don't deliver outside of a PO box.

SleeperSS likes this.
  4. ItnStln

ItnStln

In a positive note USPS couldn't get much worse than it already is.

railfancwb likes this.
  5. dkf

dkf

They are shuffling a lot of machinery around now to try and save money. The bean counters think they are going to save money anyway. They are also doing things like closing a lot of offices for an hour around lunch time. Clerks punch out for this lunch time instead of rotating lunch. I'd like to see the numbers on that because closing for an hour means they are also not getting revenue from stamp, package, letter, etc sales from that office when closed. Some people may come back, some may not.

railfancwb likes this.
  6. ItnStln

ItnStln

A private company could go bankrupt and pay no pensions. If postage could increase above the rate of inflation they would price themselves out of business where it would be cheaper to use FedEx or UPS.
    I too worked in telecom, wireless to be exact, and I saw the lack of upgraded infrastructure in some areas. Usually when it was upgraded it was because a competitor was coming close to their area. Although USPS is a far cry from being an acceptable service so I don't see this happening. Amazon's delivery service expanded rapidly and I've had less issues with them than USPS. So having private companies perform better than USPS isn't out of the equation. From what I'm told some routes are already contracted out.

7. ItnStln

ItnStln

I keep trying to forget about the banks being bailed out. They should have been allowed to fail. It's laughable that you give a business who couldn't manage their money, a bank nonetheless, even more money.

8. flyover

flyover

Really? Since when? My mail box is 12 miles from the Post Office and I get mail in it nearly everyday, excluding Sunday of course,

9. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Not ONE bank exec went to jail. The country collapsed and they got golden parachutes worth hundreds of millions.

flyover likes this.
  10. tool-time

tool-time

FedEx isnt far behind.

11. Tommy Gunz

Tommy Gunz

This is an intentional work slow down since they can't strike. They don't like what president trump is doing making th=them accountable for their never-ending $$$$ Money losing operation.

Ghost doctor likes this.
  12. ItnStln

ItnStln

I know a few places that don't get USPS service outside of the post office and one is literally across the street. It's been this way for over thirty years.

13. ItnStln

ItnStln

And that's the problem!

14. ItnStln

ItnStln

I could see that being the case.

Tommy Gunz likes this.
  15. flyover

flyover

WOW!!

16. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Far behind what?...the post office? No company on the planet operates at 100% efficiency. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean their demise.

17. CAcop

CAcop

I know a guy who works for FedEx. Amazon lowballed them. FedEx told them to pound sand. Amazon was basically stuck with UPS and USPS after that. They started up their delivery service after that. I haven't seen it much compared to the others. I've heard that Amazon branded delivery is shakey and the employees less than reliable. I bet Bezos is paying them cheap and getting clowns. Musk is like that with his factory employees. I think their mindset is cheap it out until its about to fail to maximize profits vs Costco whose CEO who has said he would rather make less money but make employees happy that make customers happy.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  18. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Amazon is the 800lb gorilla in e-commerce, but FedEx is the 1000lb gorilla in air freight. They dictated how much they would pay, wouldn't give accurate volumes and expected us to play in their circuit. Didn't work out too well for them. FedEx Ground still delivers Amazon pkgs, but only from 3rd party sellers.

19. ked

ked

Right now, everything is falling apart.

(sorry, didn’t mean to interrupt the thread)

PeterG likes this.
  20. ItnStln

ItnStln

Here’s the funny thing, both FedEx and UPS will deliver to those addresses, unlike USPS.