Is it just me or is the USPS Falling apart

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 6Actual, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Jon_R

Jon_R

We have had a few issues since March. Wife ordered contacts from Walmart. They never showed up stopped 50 miles short per tracking. She told walmart after a month they sent another order which showed up in a couple of days. Another 6 weeks later and poof the original order showed. Same thing though not as bad when her dad sent her a birthday card with a check. He had to cancel the check and send another one then 5 weeks after he mailed the first one it showed up. 5 Weeks Mass to FL for a card.

2. Pluto57

Pluto57

After years of shipping our products via USPS without any significant issues, we have experienced this same thing with some of our packages recently. USPS isn't actually losing packages, but the packages are getting stuck. I also notice that tracking is getting a little spotty.

3. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

4. Army_of_One

Army_of_One

I have a lost package currently. I ordered from Miculek.com on 31JUL(a Friday). God bless them, they got it out the next morning. It left the facility close to them on that day, then went MIA. Last "tracking" shows 05AUG "In Transit Arriving Late." It was priority 2 day, 500 miles away. They are going to have somebody look into it. :chatter:

5. R Freeman

R Freeman

A package was put in the mail to be sent to me on July 17, 2020 from Kentucky. It sat in a postal facility in Ohio from July 17 until August 4. It was received in Memphis, TN on August 5 and the idiots in Memphis sent it to a small Post Office in the next county over from me. That Post Office sent it to my small local Post Office and I received it that day. It seems that the problem is in the larger city Postal facilities. The next package was sent to me from around the Nashville area, about 160 miles away, on July 23. Those idiots sat on it until Aug. 3 and then sent it to Van Buren, Arkansas. Van Buren shipped it out quickly and I received it on Aug. 5. The next package was sent to me on July 28. It sat in Almont, MI for 3 days and was sent to another facility in Michigan and was sent to Oxford, Mississippi and then was sent on to Memphis the same day. Idiots in Memphis sat on it for 6 days before they sent it to my local Post Office. My local Post Office delivered it the same day that they received it. The locals are fine; the big city employees not so.

6. Bradley T

Bradley T

Our whole country is on rickety legs! USPS has always performed as expected, reliably and trustworthy. Our country is about to splat, and everyone wants to piss, moan, complain and demonstrate...how much they don't like everything and everyone. When famine and absolute societal shutdown happen (a few months?), can we demonstrate then too? Sure, that's better than working!

7. slym2none

slym2none

Mail going absolutely missing is not unheard of, but exceedingly rare. However, parcels & such getting an extended trip is absolutely common, and has been for a while. I sell on eBay and ship a lot, I have had exactly one thing go missing in 18 years, but a good half dozen "get lost" for a few weeks to (one of my parcels) took right at 3 months to finally get delivered, and I forced a trace on that one (it was some semi-rare error coins & silver).

Heck, one of the guys on a comic-book site I am part of has a whole thread about how his parcels take better vacations than he does!

railfancwb likes this.
  8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

As many here know, I ship tens of thousands of packages every year and am normally quick to defend the usps, however I am now experiencing much slower than normal deliveries.

It all started almost exactly once Trump's new Post Master General took over...

9. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Of course we do...

flyover and Trucker3573 like this.
  10. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

well, they are part of this country, and our country is going to hell in a dump truck

11. ItnStln

ItnStln

If only this were true!

Trucker3573 likes this.
  12. ItnStln

ItnStln

Not in their current state. They provide terrible service. Privatize them and they'll either improve or fail.

LEO/Dad likes this.
  13. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Like FedEx?

14. PlayerOne

PlayerOne

If we kill USPS then who is going to deliver to bum**** Nebraska, and all the other small towns across America? USPS has no choice and is obligated to deliver to any place with a valid address. I can't see FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. prioritizing spending millions to set up a route that only serve a few thousand people.

railfancwb likes this.
  15. PeterG

PeterG

when Obama was trying to rescue USPS he was floating trial balloons and one was to take work away from private shippers who were profitable to prop up USPS.

That administration was not beyond intimidation and backhanded deals.

What I know for sure was that big brown truck that used to go by my house daily did so less frequently about the time that Obama “saved”USPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  16. Naelbis

Naelbis

Most of the issues the USPS has are political. Republicans desperately want to kill it and hand that giant pile of revenue to private interests, Democrats refuse to allow any kind of reforms that would make it more efficient. Between having to prefund pensions for the next 100 years (the source of their billion dollar losses every year) that Congress mandated and the new Postmaster General is actively trying to run them into the ground, it is a wonder that the USPS accomplishes any of the CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED function.

railfancwb, cyberghostx13 and CAcop like this.
  17. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Nobody fails anymore! Just print more money for more bailouts! Bailouts for everyone!!

railfancwb likes this.
  18. Clips N Glock

Clips N Glock

They just lost half of our wedding invites.

railfancwb likes this.
  19. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Not sure that's the case. They used to use commercial carriers, but they couldn't guaranty the lift capacity. We had planes with noting to do except take up ramp space. That's why they went with us. Last I heard (retired now) we were lifting about 3 million lbs per night. As part of the deal, we placed FedEx drop boxes at some USPS offices. Not sure if they still do that.

20. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Never happen. We're not set up for that type of service.