Is it just me or is the USPS Falling apart

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 6Actual, Aug 10, 2020.

1. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

Only delivery “company” hemorrhaging cash over the mast few months. FedEx, UPS, DHL...even Amazon are making money with the uptick in mailed/shipped items.

That tells me the design is faulty. Switch to a M/W/F regular mail delivery schedule and cut labor. The entitlements and retiree costs are eating them up and they have to get back some of the profitable services they abandoned. 6 day mail delivery is a loser and uses way too much labor and causes too much wear and tear (costs) on the equipment needed.

Some BIG changes need to happen or it will just be another bailout and we will rinse and repeat the process in a few years.

Cmacc likes this.
  2. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I’ve got stuff that I ordered almost a month ago still “out there” somewhere. Tracking hasn’t been updated in nine days.
    The USPS has become nothing more than an entitlement job. It needs to be privatized.

Budqweiser and Doc Holliday like this.

3. Bish1309

Bish1309

Sorry. It came to my mailbox and I forwarded it on. Sweet firearm, if I must say. Sorry for any fingerprints I missed. :)

4. tom mac

tom mac

and your next election may depend on the USPS
    ( hows that bite you )

tool-time, railfancwb and Batesmotel like this.
  5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

You'll still get the same crappy service, but only three days a week. Nothing will change.

railfancwb likes this.
  6. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

They scanned a box for my son but she grabbed different box and dropped it at the door. Same size box. They came and picked up the wrong box but he never got the right box. That’s a wedding present he will never see I guess. This was coming from an individual. Not a company. They can’t just ship another one. Lots of apologies but even with their GPS tracking crap they never figured out where she dropped the other box.

And don’t get me started on anything clearly marked DO NOT BEND. That’s just a personal challenge to them.

6Actual, railfancwb and Doc Holliday like this.
  7. dabna megnaro

dabna megnaro

I never liked USPS, I mostly get bills, almost never checks.

8. unit 900

unit 900

9. NewYorker

NewYorker

Well thats a lie. Whoever told you that was smoking crack.

I got hired in 2015. Been full time for years now.

Still going downhill and no signs of slowing down. Supervisors havent a clue what they are doing, new PMG isnt going to do customers any favors.

Privatization would be good to see.

jimcorbin and cyberghostx13 like this.
  10. PeterG

PeterG

I’ve had issues with USPS since Obama made UPS use USPS as a delivery service.

There’s a UPS terminal about 5 miles from our house an life was good because packages were delivered quickly and intact.

Now a package arrives at terminal on time but takes an additional 3 days because it goes into USPS hands.

In March I ordered a gun from Bud’s, it took USPS 5 days to deliver a money order from Northern Ohio to Kentucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. evlbruce

evlbruce

It was only a matter a time before they were crushed by their pensions/bennies.

12. CAcop

CAcop

Once it goes private they can end Saturday and Sunday deliveries, end putting mail in mailboxes 30 miles away from the nearest post office, requiring most people to go to a post office to get their mail unless disabled, and just basically giving people the service the got around 1800.

Why should we have any expanded USPS from the early 1800s?

13. MacMilly

MacMilly

Can I add that FEDEX isn’t doing much better. I’m having the same intermittent postal service problems but it also extends to fedex.

14. railfancwb

railfancwb

They - USPS - have cut deals with Amazon which has them delivering on Sundays and with UPS involving revenue sharing while USPS takes “last mile” responsibility for packages.

I wonder how much negative impact deals such as these have on USPS ability to actually deliver their core services.

[email protected]@t likes this.
  15. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

The two USPS offices near me are manned by she-dogs. I won't give an ounce of care if these two locations go up in smoke.
    I would go by UPS if they aren't too far from me.

16. ItnStln

ItnStln

This! If a private company conducted business the way USPS does they wouldn't make it a year.

17. flyover

flyover

Local workers do a very good job, it is the upstream people that give me problems.

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  18. ItnStln

ItnStln

That's why I don't use USPS unless I have to.

deputy tom likes this.
  19. railfancwb

railfancwb

Well... Sears Roebuck & Co were built upon RFD. They are gone so why should it continue?

CAcop likes this.
  20. nerr

nerr

One small tool that might help tracking at least the last carrier delivery is to sign up for the USPS "Informed Delivery". It shows you a picture of the mailed items that went out to be delivered (most of them anyway). You can get email alerts of this if you want and/or just log in and look. They keep a week's worth of these.

It won't stop the other stuff. My boy ordered a small item for himself and told me about it. He then ordered one for me an hour after his. Mine showed up from west coast 2 days before his. He tracked both of ours and they went all over the place, sitting in some places for days.

I'm blaming covid for a lot of these recent problems. Related: Son knows a UPS over the road driver who says it's like having constant Christmas surge, but worse. So it's not just USPS.

I have a friend who works at USPS. The place is a tangled nest of rules and constant cost cutting all of which tends to cause more problems.