Is it just me or is the USPS Falling apart

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 6Actual, Aug 10, 2020.

1. lesgeaux

lesgeaux

With all the rioting going on, it is hard for the young postal employees to get up in the morning after a nights activity, give them a break.

6Actual and railfancwb like this.
  2. buddyd157

buddyd157

i get most of my mail daily.

i get some packages on time.

however, some packages, like my meds, which come from Arizona, are ALWAYS delayed a few extra days. (maybe due to it being a hot spot????)

now here is something my letter carrier told me.

his branch does not want to pay over time.

but yet, they get sent out early in the morning, with NO packages.

when they finish delivering the mail, they have to go back, and get the packages, and then deliver those.

so i asked, "are you getting over time now"?

he said..."yup"

so much for not paying over time.

cbetts1 likes this.

3. Tahmail

Tahmail

The PO will deliver firearms? Thought FedEx was the only carrier?

4. Renoc

Renoc

You know i do remember when mail moved by trains. One day service to many cities across the country. Of course we did not have all this bulk mail crap that just pollutes the system and increases the load to landfills. Ever wonder about that? How many people really go over that stuff? It really ends up in the recycling bin or just goes in the trash. Meanwhile the letter carriers handle each piece of that stuff.
    Reduce or eliminate that crap and just handle real mail, and I think the problems would be greatly reduced

My grandfather and father both worked at the USPS. But during the times it went smooth and efficient.
    During WWII my father was at a training camp in Alabama before going overseas. My grandfather was superintendent of mails.
    He supervised all the mail going to the trains. He knew the routes and schedules.
    Trains handled mail very efficiently.
    He fried some chicken, wrapped in up tight and insulated the box with a lot of newspapers.
    Took it to the station, got in on the train EXPRESS. Shipping it to Alabama, Got there withing hours not days. Dad said the chicken was still warm.

I used to have a small business, we shipped everything priority mail and it worked fantastic.
    Plus international orders went via either UPS or USPS.

A lot of these post office problems are no different than any other business you visit today.

Everyone wants a big reward, lots of benefits, but very few want to work for it.

Curmudgeon attitude today

light-switch likes this.
  5. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    I have never had such horrible experiences from them before. But in my case UPS and Fedex have been just as bad. I had a gun shipped via fedex to a member of the forum. It was actually in his state then for some reason sent to another state where it sat at a hub for 5 or 6 days.
    I will admit I was getting nervous when he said he got it. I was wondering if it was going to be a brick in the box or something when it finally showed up.

6. 45caldan

45caldan

A FFL can ship to another FFL with USPS....

Tahmail and railfancwb like this.
  7. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    This is the only message I get when i track a package that was guaranteed 6 days ago.
    20200810_085524.jpg

tool-time and 6Actual like this.
  8. DrewBone

DrewBone

No problems here.

cyberghostx13 and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  9. billorights

billorights

Main problem we have is the carrier. He is a jerk that I know has several complaints on him. He will not walk ten steps to put a package at the door. If he can crush a package enough to get it in the mailbox he will. Some times it is difficult to get a package out he has forced in. He will leave a package laying in the yard or propped against a tree. A week ago, we had a package that was narrow but about 4 feet long. He stuck it in the box so three feet of it was sticking out almost to the street.
    Sometimes there is no mail for several days, then the box is stuffed full. Slightly suspicious huh?

tool-time likes this.
  10. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

They have always provided less quality service and tracking info. Get what you pay for. In all fairness though right now all parcel delivery services are swamped and have been for several months. They are all running behind and providing a lower quality of service. Usps is no different the low quality is just much more apparent right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. elkhart

elkhart

Past 2-3 months it has been bad. Some days not getting mail at all, or the mail carrier not showing up till 6-6:30 in the evening.

12. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I have been satisfied so far. All the packages USPS from Amazon show up on time. On the meds from Arizona, the pharmacy notifies it has been shipped a couple days before they actually deliver them to the post office- don’t know why they do that.

13. slackercruster

slackercruster

Born L.A. - NYC 2nd Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
    5 years ago was told USPS is hiring mainly part timers...no benefits.

I vote it is going downhill.

14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Who cares?
    It's only junk mail.

15. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Just the USPS? Seems this whole country is falling apart and going off the rails...

[​IMG]

16. MuscogeeDawg

MuscogeeDawg

If the carriers that service my neighborhood are any indication, they are hiring the same caliber people that work the drive thru at McDonalds. These clowns are constantly on their phones instead of concentrating on mail delivery. It is a joke for sure.

17. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Mail - in voting?
    No problem!
    We have our primary on Tuesday (CT). Our town told us the middle of last week that if we still have our absentee ballots, not to mail them because COViD and Isaias will prevent them from arriving on time. Ballots to be returned to drop-box at Town Hall.
    This in a town where more people than not have no power, roads are closed and trees and lines are down everywhere. And this for a presidential primary where both parties are running essentially uncontested candidates.
    Oh, and we had no mail delivery for two days last week.

Does anyone really think mail - in ballots this November are anything but an overt attempt at massive fraud?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    cbetts1 likes this.
  18. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I have had very few issues, and my delivery woman is great. But if you do have them, good luck on getting it resolved. It isn't like they have to answer to the customer, their funding and benefits are guaranteed. Lots of shrugging at the P.O.as an answer.

19. Crane1

Crane1

It's not just the OP. I've been having issues with them for years. I once thought it was mainly the local crew, but they're all gone now. The new crew was doing OK until Rona, now it's a nation wide Charlie Foxtrot and the local crew is falling apart. I've had several conversations with the Post Master and I think he's really trying. He seems to have lots of systemic issues, some of them being employee related.

20. as400guy1

as400guy1

I've had no.problem with the USPS

SevenSixtyTwo and IamtheNRA like this.