Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
R we der yet?
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand-new frame after finally deciding that I would just build up a new gun (Para-Ordnance Frame, of course). Anyway, when asked my job and I replied that I was working for the government, I was given a list of requirements to submit before my application can be processed.

Anyway, some of the requirments listed that I needed to get a drug test and neuro-psychiatric test as requirements. The lady at the counter asked me if I wanted them to be processed by the gun store. I politely declined, as I already posses a drug test result and neuro-psychiatric test result as part of my pre-employment screening at our Bureau. Well, to make a long story short, these were not accepted for the following reasons:

1. For the neuro-psychiatric test, a good source inside our Neuro-Psychiatric Division told me that the good ole' PNP, for no apparent reason, just flat-out stopped accepting NBI certifications stating that we, as agents, are fit to perform our duties and responsibilities. In other words, as my friend told me, the PNP will only accept certifications duly "done" at the PNP or at PNP-accredited testing centers (this is my presumption as the nice lady at the store where I bought my frame said it cost P550 to have the Neuro-Psychiatric test "processed" by them.

2. For the drug-testing, I had a mandatory drug test back in 2004 and have not had once since, although I can assure folks that I really don't do drugs and that our drug testing procedures are held at random. Inspite of that, the nice lady at the gun store said that I would have to get another drug test since my last one is out-of-date and it might not past muster at the FED.

Okay, now before anyone accuses me of being a crybaby
:crying: :crying: , I want to clarify that, first, I did comply with the requirements. Second, I'm not slamming the nice lady or the gun store where I bought my frame from, they are the nicest branch I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with and I make all my major purchases with them because they treat me right. :perfect10: :snoopy:

It just got me thinking: is it just me or is FED trying to centralize operations as far as having guns licensed ONLY with them, to the point that they do not recognize / honor / appreciate clearances from other law enforcement entities?

Okay, this is where I start my rant :soap:

I've been at my job for a while and last time I checked, we were still a full-fledged "law enforcement organization" that, at the very least, is the co-equal of the PNP. Heck, if you ask me (or even if you don't), I personally consider us a step above them. I don't want to start a flame war with any of our PNP members. It's just that it is so frustrating to have to go through this process when we are supposed to be brothers-in-arms because of our common goals of enforcing the law and all that. A little professional courtesy never hurts, and I treat my "blue colleagues" in a nice way whenever I work with them.

I hope I'm not sounding paranoid, but I think that this thing is a symptom of a much larger problem. And just think, if they could give us such a hard time as this, just think of how much harder they can make it for other people.

Just my personal opinions, everybody.:homer:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
There was a time when drug testing was accredited only to one clinic. Any commissioner around?

·
Registered
117 Posts
sir vega, meron pa siguro Korean... "magkano ko riyan?" :supergrin: ,
good day & regards....

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
When I renewed my driver's license in 2004, I had my drug test done at an accredited drug testing center. When I went to the LTO in Bacolod, the person who checks the documents asked me why I didn't have my drug test done at the back of the LTO office? I told him that I had it done at a GOVERNMENT accredited drug testing center. I then asked the person his name and to let me know as soon as possible if he wouldn't accept the drug test.

He suddenly became nice to me and accepted all my documents.

Punisher, I think drug tests are only valid for six months; neuro psycho tests, one year (if I'm not wrong). But what the lady told you is kinda strange. The gunstore doesn't have to necessarily process your neuro psycho test. You can take it at any government accredited testing center.

Try to get a hold of the store manager. Maybe he or she can help you.

·
Rei!
5,961 Posts
punisher,

how ironic considering you are a LEO. but there are specific reqmts for govt. people as per the pnp website.

i do hope that our FA licensing will be enhanced someday.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Punisher,

Hi :)

The law clearly assigns to PNP-FED the responsibility of registering
and licensing firearms (and their owners) in the Philippines.
As opposed to being issued a duty service arm (the gun wouldn't be
your property, and would fall under different procedures), you seem
to be describing a personal, private purchase, and as such you are
treated like any other Filipino citizen.

If PNP-FED chooses to exclude your prior NBI psych-screen, it's their
prerogative. I do suspect that inter-agency courtesy would allow you
to use your NBI psych screen, if the same were done recently enough,
and presented during in-person license/reg. application at PNP-FED.

If you however go through a third party, then I am not surprised that
certain middlemen are angling for their cut.

I won't dispute that PNP-FED is unduly concerned with boosting
licensing revenues, which have slipped steadily since 2003, as far as
their books reflect. Off-the-book revenue is an extra matter, and
gunstores bear as much blame for this as the PNP: "Non-appearance"
processing appears to be an extremely lucrative business for...

...whoever is pocketing the no-offical-receipt difference.

·
R we der yet?
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Horge,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :supergrin:

You wouldn't happen to know who's doing the pocketing, would you?

Actually, the gun was a personal purchase but I was given the government requirements list. Anyway, I've felt fine ever since I had my rant. Now I'm just waiting and hoping the days come sooner since I want to build my new blaster up already.

I'd gone with having to purchase a personal gun coz' I'm already familiar with the Para/1911 system and don't want to switch over to revolvers, which are the only ones available for issue.

Just really like Paras.

·
Registered
588 Posts
punisher_nbi45, forgive me if i'm not accurate with these perception of mine. I read newspaper reports regarding shootouts between nbi and pnp people. So, my perception is, nbi people are not comfortable with pnp people and vice versa. I have an nbi friend, galit sa mga pulis (generally speaking to ha). I have a marine soldier friend, galit rin sa mga pulis. I have an army friend, galit rin sa mga pulis. I have a policeman friend, duda sa kapwa nya pulis!! Buti na lang hindi ako pulis!!:supergrin:

BAKIT KAYA GALIT/DUDA SILA SA PULIS???:upeyes:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Originally posted by Punisher_nbi45
I'd gone with having to purchase a personal gun coz' I'm already familiar with the Para/1911 system and don't want to switch over to revolvers, which are the only ones available for issue.

Just really like Paras.
A little bit OT, but do you mean the NBI issues revolvers to agents who don't have a personal firearm?

·
391 Posts
Originally posted by Kiddo
A little bit OT, but do you mean the NBI issues revolvers to agents who don't have a personal firearm?
Yup. Mostly the .357 S&W Model 13

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Im surprised if indeed revolvers are still the standard issue. But so far the nbi's that I know all have semi autos but never did ask them if these were personal units.

·
R we der yet?
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The nbi issues all types of firearms, mostly revolvers. But some agents get issued glocks, including the glock 18, and the .45 cal. Colt Mk IV. However, since most guns are already issued out, the only ones left are the revolvers.

To clarify, the Bureau does issue firearms other than revolvers, it's just that many of them have already been taken. Some agents like revolvers better than pistols, which I believe is the reason why a lot of revolvers are still kept in service. Besides, a revolver is the perfect issue firearm to the new graduates, especially those who have not handled firearms until their employment with the Bureau.

I'm not mad at all policemen in general, my father was a cop at the WPD. I think things were going a lot smoother back then, and there was mutual respect between the PNP and NBI. At present, a lot of the younger generation of police don't feel they should keep that mutual respect alive.

As for your royal glockster's question, well, your answer and mileage may vary!:laughabove:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by mikol
tanong kaya natin ki ATE GLO baka sakaling alam nya. :supergrin: :supergrin: ;)
ssshh.. baka marinig ka ng mga PSG bro at matutukan ka din ng baril :)
ako di galet sa mga ordinaryong pulis, galet ako sa mga pulis na bodyguard ng mga pulitiko tulad nitong nasa balita...
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=48553

'PSG' man pokes gun at QC cops

A man who claimed to be a member of the elite Presidential Security Group allegedly poked his gun at Quezon City policemen who accosted him for driving a sport utility vehicle without registration plates late Friday night.

Police identified the man Saturday as Joemarie H. Cordero. An identification card found in his possession said Cordero is in the active service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. An investigation is underway to determine what AFP unit he belongs, probers said.

Inspector Angelo Nicolas said officers saw the black Nissan Safari with Cordero behind the wheel near the corner of V. Luna Road and East Avenue.

Officers suspected the SUV was stolen because it had no registration plates.

Cordero, however, shouted at policemen as they closed in. The man claimed knowing several government officials, drew his gun and trained the firearm at officers, police said.

Police seized the suspect's 9-mm pistol after the inspection.

Nicolas said police will file charges of indirect assault upon an agent of authority and violation of the government's "no plate, no travel" policy against the suspect. With a report from ABS-CBN News

·
CHEEPUCK.COM
466 Posts
PSG guys still think they are guarding the president even after their service. mga angas talaga. got poked n din before before by PSGs so i just yield.mahirap na...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by kcboy
PSG guys still think they are guarding the president even after their service. mga angas talaga. got poked n din before before by PSGs so i just yield.mahirap na...
sad to know that bro. hirap kasi karamihan sa mga pulitiko kala mo kanila na ang pinas. pati mga pulis na bodyguard kala mo kung sino manghawi ng sasakyan kapag dadaan amo nila.

dont worry bro... makakatagpo din yan ng makakatapat nilang ungas na kagaya nila. ;)

·
CHEEPUCK.COM
466 Posts
Punisher_nbi45
sir, u being an LEO, maybe you can share your experiences with abusive people with guns....police, politicians, psg, etc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts