close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is GT now using ActiveX(ploit)?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MB-G26, Aug 31, 2003.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Maybe it was just a glitch, but for the first time ever, tonight I got Winblows' little 'site uses ActiveX...may not display properly' warning popup.

I'm hoping it was either a winblows glitch, or a leftover from something I had open in a simultaneous IE window -

ActiveXploit would, imho, be a very bad thing to add to GlockTalk. It simply opens up too many vulnerabilities - and with posters' ability to upload jpgs (in which very nasty stuff can be embedded/hidden behind), I can see the potential for problems. Not that any of the usual GT'ers would do something like that, but I wouldn't put it past the brandy-new trolls that come by periodically, register, and then load up the boards with tons of garbage posts.
    m

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

I do not use pop-ups, or any type of covert active x components on this site. There isn't any active x technology being used on this site at all, in fact. Eric

3. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

How odd. Eric, I was sure in my heart of hearts that you wouldn't go that route, but I just had to ask - and it just happened again, how wierd!

I was in GNG, and about to reply in the 'Help Harvard Study Morality' thread currently on page two of the index. I clicked ahead to the last post by using the arrow which displays in the section indicating the last poster, date & time.
    And then BINGO, there is was again - the winblows Activeploit warning (you know the one I mean).

Now, I was just at the linked page for the Harvard study - with IDCide activated (privacy & blocker bho) and it DOES use ActiveX. Maybe it was a left-over from that other site still in the cache.......

Glad to confirm that GT isn't using ActiveXploit - and I hope I didn't offend you by asking, Eric, truly.
    m