close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Glock Still Making the 3.5# connectors?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 8W56, Dec 5, 2003.

1. 8W56

8W56

My dad is a armorer for his Dept and can order replacement parts from glock. He put a 3.5lb connector in his personal G23 last year and I asked him about ordering one for mine the other day. He said that a officer from another department that just went through the armorers class said they are not making them anymore. I find this funny so I was wondering if glock is still making the 3.5 connectors? Thanks!

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I recntly bought one from Jerry, here on GT, for $13, shipped. I'd sell it for $10, as I much prefer Scherers. I'm in the process of trying out the various Ghost products, and initial observatons are positive, but haven't been able to get to the range. I'd be surprised if Glock's stopped aking the 3.5# connetors, as they're standard in some of Glock's current pistols.

3. 8W56

8W56

Well if you will let it go for $10 then I will take it. Shoot me an e-mail at rc50644@appstate.edu and we can work out the details. Thanks!

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Still made and still available. We have them for $15

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

8w56: I'll probably sell the connector to a local Glocking friend of mine. I'm too tied up right now with some family difficulties to get involved in an internet sales deal. Matt offers good service, and his price is reasonable.

6. Z3N

Z3N

I don't think they have stopped making them... just stopped selling them.

On page 67 of the Glock Armorer's Manual, it states (at the bottom) that "...Glock Inc. does not sell 3.5# connectors". Page 63 is where the connectors are listed and there is no mention of it it there (just 5# and 8#). Page 67 is near the end of the parts list and, once again, there is no listing for 3.5# connectors.

This makes me think of a different question... where do you professional armorers get your parts from? Directly from the manufacturer or from a third party? Which one is usually cheaper?

Just wondering...