close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Glock quality taking a nosedive or am I just unlucky???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gator2thdoc, Jan 22, 2010.

1. gator2thdoc

gator2thdoc

Hello All,
    I wanted to get some opinions on something that has happened to me that leaves me in disbelief...I own 5 glocks( g19, g23, g26, g27, g30sf)...and all but one had problems brand new out of the box. Somehow, I am still loyal to the brand, and do love them now that they all work, but come on! Just a quick rundown of the problems....g23-failed to feed reliably so I had to replace the mag springs in both mags that came with it. G30sf-failure to return to battery issue which has been well documented by many on this forum so I had to replace the trigger bar and polish internals. g27-light primer strikes so I had to put in a new stronger striker spring. g19 shoots 5 inches left of bullseye at 15 yards(and no it's not me because it does the same thing to the other guys at the range- no fix for that yet. The g26 is the only one that I didn't have to fix to get it to work right from the factory. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I kept buying them....and now I've got my eye on a g36:cool: Has anyone else had a run like this? Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts and opinions.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

The G30SF, you got a newish model with a newish trigger bar that hadn't had the kinks worked out yet. The G27 might've had a weak recoil spring or slide lock spring, either might not have been holding it in battery properly. The G23 you might've been using one of a few versions of the newest mags that again hadn't been tested enough. And the G19 I don't know what to tell you. I can't imagine how the gun itself would shoot five inches left.

Mostly, you probably got guns with new components that hadn't been used enough yet under those circumstances to have proven reliability. With the G23 they've been redesigning followers and magazine bodies. I would bet money that the magazines that were giving you problems were not non-ambi-cut magazine bodies with #5 followers. They had to be the newer ambi-cut magazine bodies.

Oh and my personal experience is one Glock, a G23, that I bought new in March of 09. Though, it must've been sitting on a shelf for five years because it's a G-series serial number. And it came with regular capacity magazines(with #5 followers) that were made during the ban and later added to my Glock after the ban ended. It's been flawless. I also have two newer ambi-cut mags, one with no number next to the Glock logo on the rear of the magazine, the other with a #1, both with #8 followers. Both of those magazines have also been flawless, but I don't like how the #8 follower tilts in the magazine body so easily. I prefer the older mags with #5 followers.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010

3. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

My new G23(nxxxx serial #) shoots perfect to top center of front sight(if I do my part) with not one bobble in 700 plus rounds

MY old G22(almost as old as a G22 can get) after about 2000 rounds(and who knows before me) is perfect with the newer mags(one OOOOOOOLD mag has a prob in 1 of 200 rounds)
    Accuracy isn"t as good as the G23 but my steel BAD GUY at 200 feet gets hit WAY more than he wants:faint: with it-and more than one Prairie Puppy has had it's problems ended courtesy of Mr G22

I'm happy

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. Larry V

Larry V

I own 17,19,21sf,22rtf, 22gen4, 23, 26, 27, 2 30sf's and I have not had a single problem, guess i'm lucky

5. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Here is my laundry list: 2 G17s, 1 G17 RTF2, 4 G19s, 1 G21SF, 1 G22 RTF2, 1 G23, 2 G26s, 1 G27, 1 G30, 1 G30SF, 1 G34, 1 G35 and 1 G36 and NEVER a single problem with over 50,000 rounds through them (and that's probably a conservative round count.) :dunno:

6. glockman9mm

glockman9mm

I have the G17, G19, G21, and G26 all purchased new in the last 2 years and havn't had a problem yet other than 2 missfeeds attributed to the ammo and my wife limp wristing in over 3000 rds. between them :2gun:

7. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

Brand new Glock 22 here (test fired June 2009). Only Glock I've ever had issues with. I had a feed problem with one of the mags that came with the gun (other two were flawless). I never fixed the mag, but I kept using it and it doesn't seem to malfunction anymore. I can't explain why it caused FTF at first but not now, but I trust this gun with my life. No complaints here.

8. hasselbach

hasselbach

My friend brought her G19 over a few weeks ago, and said she was having a hard time hitting the targets at 10 yards. Being the expert marksman that I am I thought it must be her.

To my surprise, I shot similar to the OP's post, it was a minimum 5 to 7 inches to the left of the target at 20 feet!!! I grabbed my 23 and bulls eyed 10 rounds.

Not sure what and how to fix it, but it does appear that some of the 19's do have a problem.

9. SCC

SCC just me

g19 shoots 5 inches left of bullseye at 15 yards ? PUT IN A NEW SLIDE STOP ...
    And see if that helps

10. Straight Pipe

Straight Pipe

I have a G22 RTF. Out of the box it shoots great. I put a 3.5 lbs connector in it for better trigger pull and increased my accuracy ten fold. I had a G17 and a G 26, both NIB ( never should have got rid of them ) and they too were flawless.

11. blktie8

blktie8 NRA Always

Yep!
    Good choice G36
    I use mine for carry and it has been flawless
    John

12. JBP55

JBP55

I have owned several dozen Glocks and no problems with any. I do clean/lube my guns before I shoot them the first time and after each range session.

13. ronin.45

ronin.45

g19 shoots 5 inches left of bullseye at 15 yards(and no it's not me because it does the same thing to the other guys at the range- no fix for that yet.

Have you tried adjusting the sights? This should be a pretty easy fix.

14. den888

den888

I've had good luck with mine so far...

15. pangloss9

pangloss9

Maybe try pushing your sights over a little bit?

16. Captain38

Captain38

I hate to even THINK it!

I have a whole passel of Glocks, the most recent ones purchased about two years ago. So far, no problems with any of them, but I, too, was wondering if MAYBE quality control MIGHT be slipping!

The same, however, goes for SIG and S&W as well!

17. got_metal

got_metal

My G22 bought last june had immediate failure to feed issues, ALOT of them, sending it to Glock was no help either, they didnt do a damn thing, when I got it back it still jammed quite often, I ended up rounding the top edge of the feed ramp with a dremel, as it was a sharp edge and actually shaving brass off the casings when it jammed. Also gave the ramp a nice polish, and it now shoots flawlessly and im very happy with it, no thanks to Glock Inc.

18. j-glock22

j-glock22

Never a problem 2 G22's 23's a 19, 17, and 36. I guess I'm a lucky puppy as well. With any mfgring there will be an occasional bad batch of something at some point

19. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Based on this board--GT, it is all downhill for Glock.

My olde Glocks are all fine.
    :tongueout:

20. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Recently bought a new G23, my 1st glock. No problems on the range yet.