Is Glock ignoring a significant market?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Snoopy47, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Bearfan

Bearfan

If glock would dump the hump and make a there grip angle the same as an M&P they would have perfection. I will take the grip angle and texture of an M&P 2.0 over any glock.

2. glide

glide Just sayin'

Glock is focused on a popular and well designed product. No need to wander off to make a boutique product. Their doing well enough as it is.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Lois, Intolerant, Gray_Rider and 3 others like this.

3. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

I was mainly thinking the trigger take up, pull weight, over travel, and reset mostly. There is just so much room for improvement over OEM well within the parameters of reliability.

But as many are pointing out, the market is flush with those modifications by aftermarket suppliers, and folks that can do it themselves in their garage.

4. texandave

texandave

Glock probably is missing out on a factory-upgraded line (think S&W Performance Center or Sig Legion). They've proven that they can put out whatever they want & it'll sell. So it really just comes down to a question of will they.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

6. CDW4ME

CDW4ME Enigma

They could offer non-MIM small parts striker, extractor, block, (like pre 2008) as "upgrade".

I didn't say anything bad about MIM, therefore I'm not in need of enlightenment.

gatorboy likes this.
  7. KeithC

KeithC

It occurs to me that one benefit to Glock of starting a small performance center operation would be as a breeding ground for ideas for real improvements to their gun line. They make a great combat handgun, but IMO they really haven’t introduced anything revolutionary since the original G17. All of this longer slide, shorter slide, front serrations, finger grooves, no finger grooves, etc., stuff doesn’t really amount to anything significant. Glock is still my go-to gun for self defense and competition, but Glock’s competitors have really stepped up their game in the polymer pistol arena. For example, while I do question Sig’s current quality control, the capacity versus size of the P365, and the use of tungsten powder in the frame of the X5 Legion to increase the weight for competition are, arguably, revolutionary improvements.

8. nerr

nerr

Really looks like gator bites. You haven't been trolling in Lake Placid again, have you?

FullClip likes this.
  9. nerr

nerr

I'm into blocky, simple, and reliable. Like me (well, 2 out of 3 anyway).

Gray_Rider and pjanthony like this.
  10. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

No use for Gucci/tacticool Glocks. Just a waste of money that would be better spent on ammo, classes and training. Armslist is filled with them. Good for a laugh and not much else.

Yep. Always felt that Glocks were overpriced. A few here seem to enjoy paying too much for their Glocks but I feel that blue label pricing is what anyone/everyone should pay and First Responders a little bit less. In my opinion, no stock Glock is worth more than $400 new, particularly with plastic sights. If it came with upgraded features, like better/night sights then yes, a little bit more. Perhaps down the road. The market is saturated with great deals from multiple companies, some offering pistols in certain flavors vastly superior to Glock. Glock is still riding on their reputation but they are losing market share in some areas. If this continues, Glock may just improve the way they do business.

Intolerant likes this.
  11. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

Yeh, when you say you are perfect, how do you improve on that?

ithaca_deerslayer and Deputydave like this.
  12. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

I hope not.

If you are listening Glock, please stay the course.

13. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

That new pup wanted a chew-toy.

14. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

Personally I just want Glock to keep doing what they have been doing since 1985, build affordable, RELIABLE, simple pistols.

I prefer to do my own mods this way I can pick and chose part's I know from my past experience will work '''FOR ME''' .

I think what is so great about Glock is no matter what Gen or Series you get when ya open the box, they look the same, disassemble the same, shoot the same, and part's are somewhat interchangeable exp. the 9mm , at least on up till the 5th Gen.

My $0.02

:cheers:

P.S
    Ya see what happens whenever they mill Forward Serrations or do a Silver PVD finish. :chatter::chatter::chatter:

GlockyQ, Gray_Rider, OdinIII and 4 others like this.
  15. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

The Ops suggestion has been presented before and comments were primarily in the not needed category.

Glocks decision to address the 9mm platforms has provided some solutions and potentially adding a few new issues.

The Brazilian model 22 suggests moving to a larger platform in the .40/.357 sig/ and if considered the .45 Gap.

I see opportunities of comment of future releases and its appeasement of disdain.

Glock will leave most of us second guessing and scratching our heads, myself enjoying the reads.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  16. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

And I want to give them credit where due...I feel certain there have been internal studies done...the bean-counters have had their say on the P&L calculations...they could enhance a few models much the way Smith listened to their fan-base and worked on the M&P platforms and the Shield 2.0...but for whatever reason, [they] have not done so...oh well...their Monkey and their Circus

Intolerant likes this.
  17. Schrag4

Schrag4

I would think that Glock is tickled pink that there’s so much aftermarket support that they don’t have to worry about. What’s one huge selling point to push someone to the Glock? Everyone and their dog makes holsters, triggers, mags, barrels, etc. It’s a similar story with Ruger’s 10/22. They fly off the shelves because other people make stuff to turn them into bullpups, precision rifles, etc etc etc.

18. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Glock pays very little attention to consumer demand at all, outside of military or police requests.

So yeah. Totally ignoring the market.

That's definitely a strategy that's going to work out for them in the long term, especially as their competition continues to grow and innovate.

boilergonzo likes this.
  19. JBP55

JBP55

You should be on the M&P Forum.

20. JBP55

JBP55

That is why their pistols sell faster than Glock can make them.

Gray_Rider likes this.