Is finding the date of mfg. of your Glock...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Iamaarmed, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

Is finding the date of mfg. of your Glock even possible without contacting Glock?

Example Model 27- Gen 4 Glock serial#AARMXXX.

This should be interesting. If one tries to decipher the info on different sites it seems just about impossible. What the heck am I missing? Besides my Glock 27 has 4 letters not 3.

Can anyone give me the date of mfg. from what I posted (Gen 4 27 #AARMXXX? I really don't need the answer of,"Call Glock".

Just asking for some info and if anyone knows the answer.

2. Chowser

Chowser

2013-2014?

Not sure what the recent obsession is with people wanting to know the manufacture date of their guns.

They need to just stamp it on the label.

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Sometimes, but if you want to be sure, a call to Glock is the best source for this info.
    Around the year 2010, Glock was running low on remaining serial numbers in the old three-letter system, and at about the same time, they were beginning USA manufacturing, so they switched to a new 4-letter serial number prefix to solve both problems. USA pistol serial numbers started with AAAA, and Austrian Glocks re-started with BAAA.
    It was a lot easier when Glock was putting two fired casings in each Glock pistol box; most folks would just use the test-fire date off the envelope containing the fired cases and call it close enough. They stopped including the fired cases several years ago, so now most people really don't have any idea unless they take the time to call Glock. A few of those folks have added their serial number info to the old thread on the same subject, but not nearly as many as those who did it under the old 3-letter system. I've checked a few different sources, and although I found a few other Glocks with the same serial prefix letters, none of them had dates-of-manufacture attached. Sorry.

If I find a reliable source for the info you want, I'll post it here.

Pepiot likes this.
  4. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

Thanks...I think. Is your "2013-2014" just a guess or is there something to your posting those dates? Again thanks...I guess. lol

5. Chowser

Chowser

I was basing the 2013-2014 off the serial number research thread.

I used to report dates whenever someone at my agency buys a new Glock but stopped once they started not including the envelope with the casings. Guns sit in shelves for years sometime.

6. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut?

I called Glock a couple of days ago for a build date on my G26 and my friend's G42. The phone call lasted less than 5 minutes and I had both dates. No big deal calling them.

7. Mister-B

Mister-B

I recently bought a lightly used G17 RTF2 with gills, but couldn't tell if it was from the first run in around 2009, or the second run they did of them a year or two ago. First run is worth more money, technically. It's just interesting to know (yes, mine is the second run) . Also, older Glocks in general are becoming more collectible. Used Gen 1's 17's are running almost 2X what a brand new G17 goes for, sometimes way more. Gen 2's are becoming more collectible due to them being very similar to the latest no finger groove Gen 5's. All of this collectobility leads to people wanting to know when their gun was made for value purposes, and out of curiosity.

When I buy vintage Winchesters, one of the first things I want to know is when it was made.

8. Mister-B

Mister-B

I recently bought an old Gen 2 police trade in G22. It looked like a police trade anyway. I wanted to be sure and was curious the year and the department. Glock told me it was imported in 1995 and that it was a police gun, but refused to tell me what department, which I thought was odd given how many of them are sold that have the department engraved on the damn slide.

9. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

We are talking about apples and oranges. A classic Winchester in comparison to a Glock. The Glock is less than 30 years old and its just a tool. JMHO. :cowboy:

10. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

OK...Thanks for the info.

11. Mister-B

Mister-B

Ignorant response. You ignored everything else I said...

12. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

I always thot' that the term 'Glock collector' was an oxymoron; who wants to collect hammers?
    But there seems to be a growing interest in such things, and I have a 19.2 I'd like to date.
    Moon

13. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

Ha, ha...I just have to say this. I also know a 19 year old I would like to date too. However my wife would kill me and if she didn't I am quite sure my date with the 19 year old would. :animlol:

14. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Somehow, I knew I wouldn't get away with that phrasing.... ;)
    Moon

15. geefal

geefal

You see that a lot here by some people who pride themselves on how "they would never collect a Glock" because that is so far beneath them I guess.

Mister-B likes this.
  16. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

17. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

That 19.2 is about the extent of my interest in older Glocks, and I stumbled in to that one thru' the generosity of a buddy. Now if you want to talk about Smith revos or Walthers, that is another matter. :)
    Moon