Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
No,
Like:

Covid-19 can live on the soles of your shoes for days.

Covid-19 can live on smooth surfaces for up to three weeks.
Fortunately heat and humidity seem to help, but here is one one source of that ‘hoax’

SARS-CoV-2 RNA was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess but before disinfection procedures had been conducted (Takuya Yamagishi, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, personal communication, 2020). Although these data cannot be used to determine whether transmission occurred from contaminated surfaces, further study of fomite transmission of SARS-CoV-2 aboard cruise ships is warranted.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e3.htm?s_cid=mm6912e3_w

I know, I know. Maybe the RNA material was already deactivated. Still not taking any chances when it comes to my precious bodily fluids.

No,
Like:
Covid-19 is going to be floating in the air at the supermarket and lowes for hours.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-can-spread-as-an-aerosol.html

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763852?resultClick=1

etc
——————-
The other points seem correct. Assuming any of the antibody testing thus far has been accurate, this disease is wildly more contagious than the Flu (that’s the flip side to the good news about presumably lower mortality). Haven’t read any R0 estimates lately, but it has to be really damn high. Ultimately that is still the big danger with this bug. Wave 2 may overrun the medical system even if it only shakes out to have a .1% mortality rate.

Something has to account for this high R0. We know it has a higher binding affinity for ACE II receptors compared to SARS-Classic. My money is on vectors that include relatively high viability as an aerosol and the ability to remain active on surfaces for significantly longer than Flu. (Seems like ALL the early assumptions were based on Flu... when the only thing you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...)

Imma keep wearing N95’a minimum and kick shoes off before coming in.

·
Director of civil unrest
10,299 Posts
I would save the term "hoax" for something like the Russia scandal, but no doubt the situation is being played, and played hard, for political gain.
By whom though? The left? The media? Oh wait, they're the same thing. My bad.

·
Registered
44,179 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
67,038 Posts
Bren,

Surely you can't actually believe this conspiracy nonsense about mind altering drugs in vaccines!!!

That would be a little too much even for a delusional paranoid like Alex Jones.
Huh?

I was quoting another Glocktalker who posted that comment - I just deleted his name from the quote.

Reactions: cheygriz

·
NRA Life Member
67,038 Posts
Never mind - I misunderstood that the guy I quoted didn't actually believe the list of nonsense in his post.

·
Registered
10,264 Posts
. .........

The other points seem correct. Assuming any of the antibody testing thus far has been accurate, this disease is wildly more contagious than the Flu (that’s the flip side to the good news about presumably lower mortality). Haven’t read any R0 estimates lately, but it has to be really damn high. Ultimately that is still the big danger with this bug. Wave 2 may overrun the medical system even if it only shakes out to have a .1% mortality rate.

Something has to account for this high R0. We know it has a higher binding affinity for ACE II receptors compared to SARS-Classic. My money is on vectors that include relatively high viability as an aerosol and the ability to remain active on surfaces for significantly longer than Flu. (Seems like ALL the early assumptions were based on Flu... when the only thing you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...)

Imma keep wearing N95’a minimum and kick shoes off before coming in.
The measles is a disease with serious consequences for some people it has a R0 of 12-18. Did we shut the country down over measles?

You should take whatever precautions that work for you, just like people did for the measles, polio, tuberculosis, etc before there were vaccines. Somehow we survived all of those without shutting the country down.

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
Sure it's a hoax. Those 550,000 they say died of Covid? They're actually abducted and are in a FEMA re-education camp run by social workers from San Francisco. George Soros is footing the bill. Everybody from Rush Limbaugh to Todd Hermann say there's no such thing as Covid-19. It's just the common cold. Vaccination is communist mind control anyway.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I think it’s how the virus attacks the lungs which makes it so dangerous for those with unhealthy lifestyles and the elderly. I also believe if people did not head to the lockdowns and mask mandates, something worst would have been released on us.

·
Registered
32,660 Posts
That is an R-naught of 10, about 2/3 that of measles. The R-naught of bat soup croup is 2-3 or there abouts, depending upon what source you use.
Lord fauci wants the R-0 to be less than 1 before he sets his royal hand to easing restrictions.

R-0 has NO BEARING ON LETHALITY of a virus BTW.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,798 Posts
Sure it's a hoax. Those 550,000 they say died of Covid? They're actually abducted and are in a FEMA re-education camp run by social workers from San Francisco. George Soros is footing the bill. Everybody from Rush Limbaugh to Todd Hermann say there's no such thing as Covid-19. It's just the common cold. Vaccination is communist mind control anyway.
The 555,000 dead represent 0.15277777777778% of the US population. Although, technically, since the US population has steadily grown since COVID, it's not really a thing at all.

COVID is statistically irrelevant.

Also, the average "COVID death" has involved 2.3 co-morbidities. Which means, for the stupid, COVID is killing the sick and the old.

But, you know, hide in the dark and piss yourself in fear over something that's done basically nothing. Just keep living in fear like a good little girl.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,798 Posts
....I also believe if people did not head to the lockdowns and mask mandates, something worst would have been released on us.
So, the fact that counties in this country that did absolutely nothing about COVID have virtually the same rates of deaths, hospitalizations and cases as those that did, means nothing to you?

Just.....gonna skip right on past that bit of information?

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
So, the fact that counties in this country that did absolutely nothing about COVID have virtually the same rates of deaths, hospitalizations and cases as those that did, means nothing to you?

Just.....gonna skip right on past that bit of information?
What it might mean is that even in counties that put in "restrictions on freedom," people didn't comply, and got sick anyway. Americans will risk death for freedom, especially if somebody other than them (e.g. old folks) are doing the dying.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Is CV-19 a Hoax?

Not for the guy that I knew who died from it no. Not a Hoax for him or his loved ones.
The over reaction by the government/media and the useless mitigation efforts, masks, is a hoax though.
Not a single person who says it is a hoax means the virus itself is not real.
They mean the over reaction to something that has a 99% survival rate is the hoax being used to control the mass of the population but you keep being dense and thinking folks mean the virus isnt real.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,798 Posts
Is CV-19 a Hoax?

Not for the guy that I knew who died from it no. Not a Hoax for him or his loved ones.
Do I get to virtue signal like that over the people I've known that died from cancer? Seasonal flu? Car accidents? Stroke? Overdose?

We all die son. No one gets out of life alive.

·
Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!
1,691 Posts
So everyone who believes it to be a hoax, go on about your daily life. Don't wear a mask or gloves, don't increase your hand washing regimen and PROVE the rest of us wrong.

Let us know how it works out for you.
I never wear a mask except when someone objects, then I wear one to honor their concern.
Never wear gloves.
Grab grocery carts from the parking lot.
Pickup lots of trash during my dog walks, much of it is abandoned masks and used facial tissues.
I will not take a vaccination shot.
Because of my advanced years, I am considered to be in the most vulnerable category of ALL.
If anyone has been exposed, I most certainly have.
I respect your fear, Seanmac, but this virus is not any different than the other one million viruses that have plagued man, every year, twice a year, since Adam and Eve.
In January 2020, in a recorded video, Dr faker Fauci said, and I quote " Masks don't help. They just make people feel better".
Consider yourself proven VERY WRONG!

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,867 Posts
There is little doubt that the virus actually exists. I had it in January of 2020 and was pretty sick for a while, but at 74, got through it OK. At that time, we never heard of Covid19.

Once again, however, Pinpoint Focus of our Rulers and the Media blew the virus completely out of proportion. Add some manipulation of statistics, and we got to the point where Covid became big news.

Friend Becky passed away from Covid and we'll miss her. Sure, she was sick, but she also weighed 450 pounds! It's just plain dishonesty to use her passing as a political tool but that's what the victims of Covid endured!

The Rulers got what they wanted. We couldn't meet in groups, travel or even go to church. Our jobs closed down and the robust economy tanked. Population was reduced, those who were not productive were targeted most and Globalists got what they wanted. Now, THAT is sick!

Flash

41 - 60 of 60 Posts