GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'm a sucker for collectables.

And that's why I stay as far away from them as I can.

Reactions: Buckshot Barry

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
No, not any different as far as legal differences. References are to the desire of Uncle Joe Biden and the rest of his communist cohorts wanting to ban firearms from the American people. While they emphasize "assault rifles and high capacity magazines", they have made it clear over many, many years they want ALL guns gone. Once they possess the full Congress, President and possibly the Supreme Court I expect it will become reality. In numerous states they have either completely or virtually banned many firearms as it is. New York and California are 2 of the worst at it.
Got it, wasn’t sure what you meant.

I think will be ok, very few countries have complete firearms bans and they don’t have the 2nd Amendment. Not to mention things don’t move that fast. Just being optimistic.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Got it, wasn’t sure what you meant.

I think will be ok, very few countries have complete firearms bans and they don’t have the 2nd Amendment. Not to mention things don’t move that fast. Just being optimistic.
Joe gave us the 1994 ban.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
It only "turned out" because there was a sunset clause.
And the Dems lost because of it. Even during the AWB you could get pretty much what you want. Glock mag prices sucked. Plus I was responding to they “are going to ban ALL guns.”

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/750656174/the-u-s-once-had-a-ban-on-assault-weapons-why-did-it-expire

And this happened during a time when MSRs (ARs/AKs) weren’t even that popular, no ones banning All guns in the U.S..

“The midterm elections that fall were already difficult for the Democrats, who had to defend the new North American Free Trade Agreement, some higher taxes and a scandal in the House banking system.
NATIONAL
Examining Who Owns Guns In The U.S.

Adding in the blowback over the assault weapons ban — particularly intense in the rural South and West — turned the midterm into a debacle for Democrats. They lost control of both the Senate and House, the latter for the first time in 40 years.”

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,776 Posts
Pardon me please as I am uneducated here. I watched the video and am still a little confused.

The "P" in the P80 - is that for POLICE?

... and why the "80"? What does it signify?

Is there an angle difference on the P80 v any other Glock ... or is this another person stating that they don't like the across-the-line angle on Glocks b/o personal reasons?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
And the Dems lost because of it. Even during the AWB you could get pretty much what you want. Glock mag prices sucked. Plus I was responding to they “are going to ban ALL guns.”

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/750656174/the-u-s-once-had-a-ban-on-assault-weapons-why-did-it-expire

And this happened during a time when MSRs (ARs/AKs) weren’t even that popular, no ones banning All guns in the U.S..

“The midterm elections that fall were already difficult for the Democrats, who had to defend the new North American Free Trade Agreement, some higher taxes and a scandal in the House banking system.
NATIONAL
Examining Who Owns Guns In The U.S.

Adding in the blowback over the assault weapons ban — particularly intense in the rural South and West — turned the midterm into a debacle for Democrats. They lost control of both the Senate and House, the latter for the first time in 40 years.”
The Democrats weren't nearly as extreme then and the country has shifted farther to the left. How do you think people feel about mass shootings now compared to then? How do you feel about high cap mags being an NFA item?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Pardon me please as I am uneducated here. I watched the video and am still a little confused.

The "P" in the P80 - is that for POLICE?

... and why the "80"? What does it signify?

Is there an angle difference on the P80 v any other Glock ... or is this another person stating that they don't like the across-the-line angle on Glocks b/o personal reasons?
From the Lipsey's website.

The GLOCK P80 revolutionized the gun industry and established the iconic GLOCK brand. Gaston Glock designed his first handgun for the Austrian military pistol trials in 1981. After winning this prized competition, the Austrian military named it the Pistole 80 and the first GLOCK pistols produced were subsequently marked P80.
The grip angle has been the same since the original P80.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
The Democrats weren't nearly as extreme then and the country has shifted farther to the left. How do you think people feel about mass shootings now compared to then? How do you feel about high cap mags being an NFA item?
I hear what your saying, I could definitely see another AWB coming, plus MSRs eventually being an NFA item, 10rd mag restriction ect.. But All guns? It will never fly. And that is what I was responding to.

I’ve said this before, where I live even the Dems own guns, even more now. I’ve talked and argued with them, right or wrong to a person they say they wouldn’t mind “assault rifles” being regulated, BG checks on private sales ect ect. but go after their deer rifles, trap shotguns and even their handguns and they would not vote dem anymore. That’s why they won’t try to outlaw ALL guns, it would be political suicide. I know this is not what gun guys want to here, but thats how I see things going down, and that’s at the worst. Just my Opinion.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I plan to get one if it's reasonably priced - I don't have a 17 yet so what the hell.
That's what I did. I wanted a G17 and a P80 was the only one available at the time, so I bought it. I looked at it like any other G17 with a bit of cool factor. I swapped the sights and added a Talon Grip Pro. The only other mod was an extended slide lock because for whatever reason, the stock one was much harder to grip than the other Glocks I have. All mods are easily reversible if I ever decide to sell it, but I don't see that happening.

·
Patrol Corporal
964 Posts
I got one. I really like it.

I had a gen 2 17 and it was cool. It had all the Austrian proof marks. It shot well but did not like to eject live cartridges. I got rid of it but I wish I had it back.

I like this new P80 because it’s kind of like a restomod car. Modern, more reliable internals, with all the retro looks.

I have one of the WW2 Colt 1911A1 reproductions and a Colt series 70 repro. Again, nostalgia with modern steels and internals.

No, it doesn’t do anything a gen 5 17 would do but that’s not the point. It’s supposed to be retro, if you dig that kind of thing, and I do.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts