close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is anyone else tired of the gun show ammo hoarders.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by decibels5, Jan 8, 2010.

1. decibels5

decibels5

I am really getting tired of seeing all the old retired geezers at the gun shows covering up the walmart seal on their ammo stock. I swear I am going to make a move if I keep seeing the guys at the same two gun shows. They buy up all the value packs and then sell them for 5 to 10 bucks more. I talked to a guy at sports authority that gets a monthly stock order. He said he stopped selling to several people because he saw them re-selling .380 that he sold them. He said they show up at opening and stand around until he stocks the shelf. They then buy all the ammo they can. I am done with gun shows. And yes, I reload. I have also been told the several wal-mart employees buy the ammo and do the same thing.

2. txgunguy

txgunguy

Yes! It's ridiculous. It has gotten to the point of I just laugh as soon as I see it. They aren't fooling anyone and they don't move any of it. My friend and I were talking about this last weekend.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

No because I reload, but until I started reloading yea it did.

4. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Yea, the old geezers hang out until they stock the shelves, then they buy it all. I went to buy some CCI Mini Mags for my Mosquito a month ago, and the guy in line in front of me bought EVERY CASE. I was like "WTF?!?!"....

5. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I wait until it's on sale wherever and buy the hell out of it. I don't resell it though. Am I wrong for that?

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Local Wal Marts have a 2 or 6 box limit. I heard 6 box was from corporate but one local WM will only sell 2 boxes of anything.
    That does cause me added trips to WM though. I go through a lot of 22LR.

I reload, so unless it's a super deal on ammo at the gun shows, which doesn't happen any more, I never buy ammo at the shows.
    I think the last big ammo buy I made at the gun show was cases of Wolf 7.62x39 for $54/1,000 rounds.

7. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Where are you finding ammo on sale?:supergrin:

8. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Yep, this free market economy bullcrap, it's for the birds! Man, I wish the government would write some laws to make it illegal to resell ammo! ..........what was it you were saying?

9. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Dick's Sporting Goods is about the only place around here that ever has any good deals. Remington UMC .40S&W 500rds $130, with sale and military discount. That was my latest find. Pretty good deals on .223 usually too.

10. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

Damn whoreders!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

at least it's been a couple months since the last hoarder whine thread though.

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded

the last time I went to a gun show I bought a couple of boxes of 410 shotgun shells for my judge revolver and only 6 in the whole box would even fit in the cylender. the box was a federal but I think they reloaded them and put them in a federal box . cant take them back so i get shafted.. Hummmm never again ..

12. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Serves you right for having a Judge. :rofl:

13. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

:rofl:.....it does suck though. Maybe kick their walkers over and beat em to the front of the line:dunno:

14. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

Judge not lest ye be Judged...:tongueout:

15. JethroXP

JethroXP Good with a gun

I bought some CCI Mini-Mags at our local gun show during the summer, paid $9.99 per box of 100. Last month I saw them for $8.99 and thought, cool, price is coming down. Last night I found them online at Sportsman's Guide for $6.99 per box of 100 so I ordered 1000 rounds. The thought crossed my mind that the guys selling them for $9.99 and $8.99 at the gun show may have been buying online all along.

16. ronin.45

ronin.45

I think it will stop when people don't buy it.
    If idiots keep spending $5-10 extra for a box of ammo there is no incentive for prices to go down. The hoarders will continue to rip people off as long as people are stupid. So i'm not holding my breath.

17. rjm

rjm

Every gun show I have ever been to has royally sucked. I have one coming later this month a mile or so away from my house and don't care enough to go. IMHO, the crap they sell is overpriced across the board.

18. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

I see the same old guys each time I go to the shows(not often, anymore) and seems like they are there to make a buck or two, and shoot the bull with everybody. I guess I can deal with that. Think of it as a "gun geezer tax".

19. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

Yeah I think it's BS. i see people on Backpage do it all the time. They sell it for $3-5 more per box than what you can get it at Walmart for. It's always in the part of town where the retired people live.

20. snair

snair

they dont wait for gunshows here they just post them up on a local news channels classified ads