Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Despite all negative comments and issues from other people, I decided on the g42 as my next pocket carry gun plus I like to get my own impressions.
After installing hogues beaver tail grip, and pearce +1 on both mags, took it to the range and shot 50 rnds of winchester T 95gr FMJ ammo.
I'm in love with this gun, had not a single issue with it. I know 50 rnds doesn't seen like much but so far I'm impressed with it, can't wait for the next range session. I think I made the right choice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. I bought a G42 last year after shooting a friend's. I absolutely LOVE my G42. Accurate, reliable (well, mine is, anyway), VERY shootable and small enough to pocket carry. What's not to love? My only complaint is that it is big enough to carry 7 rds and should have been designed to hold 7 rds. When I get some cash, I plan on getting MagGuts for all of my mags and then it will be the perfect pocket carry gun.

Bub

·
Aslan
1,232 Posts
You are far from alone in your assessment!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
At the range last night, a couple who bought a 42 after trying mine had an odd experience. The gun has run 100% for her, but has tied up for him. Then he shot another friend's 19, and that acted up for him as well.
Early 42s had problems(triggers from hell, unwanted slidestop engagements), but I have to wonder if there isn't some pilot error involved now.
Moon

Reactions: zaitcev

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
I have to wonder if there isn't some pilot error involved now.
I watched a Youtube video - I can't remember who - where the guy was able to make his 42 run perfectly with a firm grip, and then FTE/FTF repeatedly with only a slightly wimpy grip. With the relatively anemic .380, a solid grip is very important and I suspect that many (though of course not all) problems with the 42 are attributable to a less than firm grip. Just my take.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
'noodle, don't know what the trick is; I've fired mine one-handed and deliberately held it loosely, never a bobble, but one of our students held my 42 halfway down the grip and promptly tied it up.
Moon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.