close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is a Glock 23 ok for summer carry?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by brian321, Jan 19, 2010.

1. brian321

brian321

I dont have my permit yet but im waiting to get it and i am ordering a crossbreed super tuck holster. Is there going to be any issue in printing in the summer, like in shorts and a t shirt? I know i need to dress around my weapon but i also dont want to be uncomfortable. Thanks for the input.

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

No one can tell you what will work for YOU. Some people are comfortable as all get out with that, some hate it.

Get a good belt, not a "good, thick belt" get a gun belt that's made to carry a firearm.

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

For the most part in FL we only have spring and summer. My carry is a G23 or 19 shorts and a t-shirt in a M-Tac which is very similar to the Cross Breed. Printing is almost always a matter of degree. My shirt will come in contact with the gun thus the shirt shape is different then it would be if the gun was not there. Is that printing? Either way I have never been questioned about it or asked if I was carrying a firearm buy someone who does not know me.

I didn't change my dress when I started carrying. The only thing I did was get a couple belts made for carrying a gun.

4. CBennett

CBennett

I think its a bit big but ive done it...that said id RATHER have had something else. I will probably end up with a HKP7,Walther PPS,or Taurus 709 Slim for summer carry.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. AcenJay

AcenJay

Summer carry? Try all day, every day of the year carry. In OWB holsters, large untucked shirts. Works for me, and it's usually hot down here for most of the year.

6. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

As HG said, that is going to be a personal issue and it is going to depend in large part on your physique, belt and holster. I can tell you that I have no trouble concealing a G23 winter or summer.

7. 357glocker32

357glocker32

You will love the crossbread. And you should not have any problems with it this summer. I edc a g32 in a crossbread, same size as your g23. I wear dress paints and a dress shirt to work everyday with no problem. In the evenings i usually will wear a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I have no problems printing, unless i bend at the waist, which i just need to learn not to do( I am relatively new to edc).
    99% of the sheeple would not notice your you were a skin tight shirt with the outline of your gun compeletly noticable.

8. Ducowti

Ducowti

Yes. I carry my G23 IWB w.a Tshirt. 6'2, 185lbs.

9. SBG40

SBG40

10 commandments of concealed carry

1. If you carry always carry , 2. Don't carry if you aren't prepared to use it, 3. Always watch your front sites, 4.maximize the distance between you and a potential threat, 5. Always stay in condition yellow - a relaxed alert state, 6. Dress for concealment, 7. Know what your doing - learn the law of the land, 8. Get the license, 9. Maximize your firearms familiarity, 10. Use common sense.

10. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

I live in FL so summers here last a lot longer than your part of the country. I have no problem carrying my G23 all the time wearing shorts and t-shirts. I also have learned from here that polo's work well for some people, I have tried them and they work great for me also. As HerrGlock said, make sure to get a good belt, and when you get you CB, try it out around the house, you'll be able to see what works best for you.

11. RioKid

RioKid

I have carried my G23 a lot in the summer without any problem. You will have to dress around your carry rig. Try different methods of dress and check yourself out or have a friend see if they can tell if you are printing.
    Some printing won't matter as most folks aren't looking to see if you are carrying a gun.