Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fallen head over heals for the Glock 30S. Makes me wonder if the 21SF carriers IWB easier than a standard 21? If it's as much of a difference as the 30 to 30s I Will place my order for a 21sf. Must be worth the difference since night sights are expensive. Will a 21SF fit a raven phantom set up for a standard glock 21?

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,514 Posts
The only difference between the 21 and the 21SF is the grip is slightly smaller from back to front. It fits the same holsters and carries the same.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Figured it would print less with the shorter grip. Guess money would be better spent on practice ammo in this case or upgrading x300 to an x400.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Figured it would print less with the shorter grip. Guess money would be better spent on practice ammo in this case or upgrading x300 to an x400.
Grip isn't shorter top to bottom, it's shorter front to back. I think it's around 3mm if I remember correctly, that's not enough to make a difference in carrying, only in griping.

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
The grip isn't shorter in any way that will matter when carrying. It's got a shorter circumference, not length. That means that its 2mm shorter from the front strap to the backstrap and you won't notice that a bit while carrying it.

That being said, I carry my G21 and G20 almost exclusively in the winter under jackets or coats. They hide very well if you have a cover garment. Not so much under a T-shirt or polo.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Having both and carrying both I would say the 30 is easier to carry because it is lighter. Where can you get a 45acp pistol that weighs 33oz fully loaded with 11 rounds (Gen 3).
That being said I really like my Gen 4 45 . Softest shooter there is!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts