Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this 9mm NATO Winchester Mil-spec 124gr +P any harder on my G19 than the WWB 115 FMJ I usually shoot. I figured for the price I had to try it since it came out to only about $28 per 100 and I've heard good things about this stuff.
Thanks.

http://www.sgammo.com/product_info.php/products_id/635

·
Premium Member
28,685 Posts
No. Your gun was designed to handle NATO spec ammo all day...

I have found this ammo is not very accurate (I have over 2k in different lots, all shoots the same - will not group reliably under 3" at 15 yards).

'Drew

·
Registered
11,703 Posts

I have found this ammo is not very accurate (I have over 2k in different lots, all shoots the same - will not group reliably under 3" at 15 yards).

'Drew
All the 124gr. 9mm NATO ammunition I tried has been accurate.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It does not have a very restrictive diet and will eat anything EXCEPT LEAD!

·
20,441 Posts
Of course, it's harder on your G19 than WWB 115-gr. It may reduce the life expectancy of your G19 to only 175,000 rounds.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It may reduce the life expectancy of your G19 to only 175,000 rounds.
as opposed to?? :)

anyone else find it inaccurate? that's the first time I've heard that.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Of course, it's harder on your G19 than WWB 115-gr. It may reduce the life expectancy of your G19 to only 175,000 rounds.

Even if it reduced the life to only 50000 rounds and one bought the NATO spec by enough to get it at only $20 per hundred, unless my grade school arithmetic has failed me, that would be ten thousand dollars. I would gladly buy Glocks or Sigs etc. to shoot them until I can wear them out if only someone else would buy the ammunition for this.

·
20,441 Posts
As opposed to 200,000+ rounds.

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts
Sure, its gonna be harder on the gun than ammo that isnt as hot.

Just like adding a super charger to your engine is gonna be harder on the engine than one making no boost.

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts

'Drew
Just because the gun is designed for NATO spec ammo doesn't mean it doesn't accelerate the wear by using it.

Hotter ammo is naturally harder on the gun than lighter loads.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Just because the gun is designed for NATO spec ammo doesn't mean it doesn't accelerate the wear by using it.

I would be willing to bet that the recoil spring might need replaced more often, but I doubt the gun experiences accelerated wear. Unless you continue shooting it with a beat to hell recoil spring.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is this 9mm NATO Winchester Mil-spec 124gr +P any harder on my G19 than the WWB 115 FMJ I usually shoot.
Yes. The NATO 9mm round actually exceeds SAAMI +P pressure standards. However, the NATO round was the round around which the G17 was designed and built so you'd have to shoot a LOT of it before excessive wear started to show up.

Shoot what you've got and don't worry about it!

·
NRA Life Member
69,825 Posts
Is this 9mm NATO Winchester Mil-spec 124gr +P any harder on my G19 than the WWB 115 FMJ I usually shoot. I figured for the price I had to try it since it came out to only about $28 per 100 and I've heard good things about this stuff.
It's been a while since I bought any - is WWB really going for more than $28 per 100 now?

·
Registered
5,970 Posts

Yes, and that's why you hear reports of cracked frames on Berettas from army guys.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's been a while since I bought any - is WWB really going for more than $28 per 100 now?
it's about $25 with tax but hunting it down at megalowmart is a pita because 9 out of 10 times they're out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts